2011 Winnie the Pooh Movie

Mupp

Reaction score
Chicken Little was a nice film and all, and I can also understand people liking Dinosaur, the problem was the management at the time of those films wasen't particularly good.

Home on the Range is a testament to the fact that a hand-drawn film can suck without a strong story!

And by the way Yorick, I didn't mean to sound so upset. I just feel very passionately about this topic. :smile:

Yorick

Reaction score
Thanks Mupp, for clearing that up:big_grin:
When I read your previous post, I was wondering what I said wrong!:embarrassed:

I had written a long post and ended it with:

So to sum up:
1. I wasn't trying to offend you or anyone at all
2. It wouldn't hurt if someone (anyone) released more non-CGI animated theatrical releases - and I think there should have been more of them over the last 10 years (other than this, I wasn't really taking the stance you thought I was...but I'm glad everything's cool now!)

And now I will add:
3. All other points you made, I'm either in agreement, or don't know enough to have a real view to express on it.

For example, all I know about Pixar is:
A) I've seen the films and know some of the actors who did voices for the movies.
(not personally, ha)
B) The director of Wall-E was bending over backwards in interviews to say Wall-E didn't have a message about taking care of the earth. I guess he didn't want to alienate the part of the Pixar fan base who doesn't think we humans are destroying the earth (I say we are destroying the earth, but that's not what this thread is about, so I'll get off the soapbox)! But I only mention that because that's really all I know about Pixar.

You know much more, and I respect that. You and DrTooth know your cartoon history. Everyone should have a passion they indulge in that hurts no one, and if everyone did, the world would be a better place!

Mupp

Reaction score
No problem. :big_grin:

Also, I was in a bit of a hurry at the time, so that's probably one of the reasons why I sounded so blunt.

I went ahead and edited my last post so it doesn't sound so "sharp". :smile:

lotusoftheleaf

Reaction score
I thought Chicken Little was okay. It had a nice story, but it would have been better if the trailers hadn't given away the alien thing. And, to me, it felt too much like the movie was trying too hard to compete with the DreamWorks-type movies. I actually like Brother Bear a lot, especially Phil Collins' songs. I thought Home on the Range had a few good moments, but ultimately was a pretty forgettable movie.

Mupp

Reaction score
You know much more, and I respect that. Everyone should have a passion they indulge in that hurts no one, and if they did, the world would be a better place! (Muppets and Rock 'N' Roll are the ones that come to my mind for me right now!)
Thanks for explaining. :smile:

Now I should explain a bit more;

The main reason why I mention John Lasseter is that he was the director of Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2, and Cars. And he was the executive producer of all the other Pixar films that he didn't direct. He is also the chief creative officer at Pixar.

In 2007 he became the chief creative officer at Disney Animation as well, and has been the executive producer of every Disney animated film since then, and the films have been a lot better.

Basically, John Lasseter believes that story is king, and that quality is the best business plan. That is one of the reasons why Pixar has been so successful, and so its good news that he is now the executive producer of every film from Disney Animation. He also loves hand-drawn animation.

Last I heard, Disney Animation will continue to make CGI films as well as hand-drawn films.

beau

Reaction score
I'm just glad they kept Jim Cummings around. :big_grin:
They actually weren't going to at first.

Everyone had to audition, including him. It's just that he was clearly the best, and no wonder.

Mupp

Reaction score
By the way, when I said that John Lasseter is the executive producer of all Disney animated films now, that includes the Tinker Bell films as well, and while they may not be everyone's cup of tea, rest assured that they are made with quality in mind.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Trailers Always Spoil, indeed. :rolleyes:
Tell me about it... you're not supposed to know that in Megamind Metroman fakes his own death so he can retire but they showed a BUNCH of scenes in various TV commercials that gave that little surprise away.

By the way, when I said that John Lasseter is the executive producer of all Disney animated films now, that includes the Tinker Bell films as well, and while they may not be everyone's cup of tea, rest assured that they are made with quality in mind.
I heard he completely turned those around. I really hope this will open him up to possibilities of DTV movies with classic Disney Characters... NOT cheapquels. I'm glad those are gone... but stuff like The Three Mousketeers or whatever that was. That was brilliant, and a perfect way to get Mickey and co in a project that isn't for Preschoolers. That said, come on... Tinkerbell is based on an Italian comic version of the characters... how about a Double Duck or Duck Avenger movie?

They actually weren't going to at first.

Everyone had to audition, including him. It's just that he was clearly the best, and no wonder.
All things considered, that REALLY bothers me. I'd hate to see Disney go the same route as Warner bros does with the Looney Tunes. and how they're NEVER the same people in every project. I get that they're trying to restart the franchise a different way, but Jim HAS been the official Pooh, and doing a GREAT job of it since the 80's.