Cars 2

Mupp

Reaction score
I really don't think its fair to make so many assumptions about this.

Its been said that there will be emotion in this film.

I seem to remember hearing that John Lasseter was inspired by a promotional trip he took to Europe, and he imagined how Mater would react in foreign situations.

I have to say, its possibe that they are going with an international theme because the first film was considered too "American" for a lot of overseas audiences.

beau

Reaction score
I don't care what anyone says, I loved Cars and I'm looking forward to this. This looks like it will be a fun film.

This is Pixar, they will not allow a film to get released if it has story problems.
Pixar does not just make films for kids, there is always something that everyone can enjoy.

I have faith in any project that John Lasseter is associated with.
I'm with you.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is Pixar, they will not allow a film to get released if it has story problems.
Pixar does not just make films for kids, there is always something that everyone can enjoy.

I have faith in any project that John Lasseter is associated with.
I'm trying hard as I can to have an open mind about this. Pixar is known for standing behind sequels saying that they only should be made if they deserve to be. And I'm not questioning the emotional content, though I can't imagine anything making me well up with tears more than Up and Toy Story 3 did (if you don't even choke a little on your pop corn on those films, you can't be human).

But the spy thing seems a little generic. I'd love to see Pixar do a spy film, turning the genre on its ear like it did with the Incredibles, just not with Cars. Plus, the fact this had to be bumped up in production because of Newt's cancellation (really? Alpha and Omega was NOT worth killing the film over... neither is Rio from the looks of it) and the fact it had script problems (though, clearly they have been worked out) doesn't give me great confidence on this one.

I might just see it anyway, a great deal of movies I refuse to say from seeing the previews I break down and see anyway, but I'm looking much more forward to Winnie the Pooh and... well, that certain OTHER Disney movie that's coming out next year.

Disney

Reaction score
Cars 2 Trailer

Hey guys, did anyone have a chance to check out the yet? I know it was already posted below, but in case you are looking for it, you can find it here.

Mupp

Reaction score
and the fact it had script problems (though, clearly they have been worked out) doesn't give me great confidence on this one.
Almost every animated film goes through developmental problems. They just aren't always publicized.

Sometimes the powers at be just ignore them and go full speed ahead (like what happened with Warner Bros' Quest For Camelot) or they take the time to fix them.
Its not always a bad thing when things go wrong in the developmental process.

In fact as I recall, every Pixar film has gone through development problems and changes.

The most recent example that I can think of is with WALL-E; Originally it was EVE that was damaged in the garbage bay and WALL-E fixed her. They even animated the scene that way, then the director had an epiphany (a better idea to aid the story) and at the 11th hour they reversed it to what it is now.
In fact, scenes from the original version can be seen in one of the major trailers.

Also, the original concepts for both Monsters Inc and Up were very different than what they ended up with.

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
Just learned that the new spy car character -(an Aston Martin of course) is voiced by Micheal Caine! SWEET!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Hey guys, did anyone have a chance to check out the yet? I know it was already posted below, but in case you are looking for it, you can find it here.
Suh... WEEEEEEEEEEET! Can't wait! :smile:

I can never understand why some people didn't care for Cars. It had a great story, great characters, and great morals! Not to mention the love-story aspect, and the more emotional parts of course, like when McQueen redeems himself at the end, in front of the Fabulous Hudson Hornet no less! :big_grin:

When Pixar is at the wheel, you won't find a better Disney film. I just hope that Tangled turns out alright! That's the film I'm worried about! :sympathy:

Mupp

Reaction score
Suh... WEEEEEEEEEEET! Can't wait! :smile:

I can never understand why some people didn't care for Cars. It had a great story, great characters, and great morals! Not to mention the love-story aspect, and the more emotional parts of course, like when McQueen redeems himself at the end, in front of the Fabulous Hudson Hornet no less! :big_grin:

When Pixar is at the wheel, you won't find a better Disney film. I just hope that Tangled turns out alright! That's the film I'm worried about! :sympathy:
I agree with you, I love Cars.

John Lasseter is the executive producer of Tangled, so I'm trying to have faith in that film.

Incidentally, John Lasseter became the chief creative officer at Disney Animation in 2007, and has been the executive producer of every Disney animated film since then.

Xerus

Reaction score
I'd like to see Cars become a TV series. I know they've had Mater's Tall Tales, but I think a half hour series would be great. Adventures in Radiator Springs and the characters like Red, Sarge, Filmore, and the others have their own crazy adventures.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
It's not that I "hate" Cars, but of all the Pixar movies, in my opinion, it's hands down thier weakest work. I'll give Cars 2 a chance, no doubt about it, and I'm sure it will perform very well at the box office and (as it still is from the first one) sell a ton of toys. But...I don't know. I'm with Frogboy, I'm looking more forward to the second Monsters Inc.

Though I have to say between Cars 2, the new Winnie the Pooh movie and the the new Muppet Movie, 2011 is looking like a great year to be a Disney fan, which I've always proudly admitted to being. :smile: