New York Muppet Attractions?

chrislynch

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I live in New Zealand, and visiting New York next month. Are there any must-see Muppet attractions I can visit while in New York? I intend to go to the Muppet Whatnot shop! But any good museums, tours, etc I should check out with a Muppet theme? Many thanks please email me chrismtlynch@gmail.com:smile:

davidmartiste

Reaction score
Would love for people to post here as well for the rest of us to see. Living in NY, I would love to see some Muppet attractions for myself [if they exist]. Are Kermit's flipper-prints still outside of the old Muppet workshop? I would suggest tickets to Avenue Q even though it's not Muppet specific, it's very Muppet/Sesame inspired and a very good time. Now that it's at an off-Broadway venue, it's easy to get seats up close if you purchase in advance. Also, John Tartaglia's Imaginocean is a great opportunity to see former Sesame and Henson associates performing some family puppet fare. Don't forget, the "Muppet pipes" are part of the NBC studio tour at Rockefeller Plaza as well.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Yes, the flipper prints are still there. A saw a recent photo of them on Facebook not too long ago.

In addition to the ideas that David mentioned, the Museum of Television and Radio has a lot of rare Muppet videos that are available to view.