Double-sided tape and/or pins?

aussiepuppeteer

Reaction score
hey everyone :smile:

I've made a turtle puppet which acts as an Anything Muppet. on various Muppet and Sesame Street specials, people have said features for the puppets are attached with either pins or double-sided tape. Does anyone know what kind of pins and double-sided tape? i tried the tape a little while ago, but it REALLY stuck to the fleece and when i pulled it off, fleece came with it :frown: Any ideas?

CoOKiE

Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly... but i believe when these anythings are on screen having their parts removed and switched out, they're only temporary. I think if you're looking for something to stay for days, tape wouldn't be your solution. I'm really not an expert on this subject tho.

If you're looking to experiment, i'd suggest Super 77 spray adhesive. I did something around the week before halloween and sprayed some on, and its still sticky. I'd test it on something, and really this stuff is handy to have around if you're building more characters.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
hey everyone :smile:

I've made a turtle puppet which acts as an Anything Muppet. on various Muppet and Sesame Street specials, people have said features for the puppets are attached with either pins or double-sided tape. Does anyone know what kind of pins and double-sided tape? i tried the tape a little while ago, but it REALLY stuck to the fleece and when i pulled it off, fleece came with it :frown: Any ideas?
The pins are generally t-pins. They have flat heads that can be hidden in the nap of the fleece, but are also easy to remove. They work really well for noses and ears. Eyes you're pretty much stuck with double-sided tape. You can dirty it up a little bit and it won't pull off as much fleece when you remove it. But, obviously, if you dirty it up too much, it won't stick enough to hold the parts on.

:stick_out_tongue:

SesameKermie

Reaction score
Does the hook side of hook-and-loop/velcro work well? It seems like it might be a viable alternative, but I haven't tried it.

aussiepuppeteer

Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly... but i believe when these anythings are on screen having their parts removed and switched out, they're only temporary. I think if you're looking for something to stay for days, tape wouldn't be your solution. I'm really not an expert on this subject tho.

If you're looking to experiment, i'd suggest Super 77 spray adhesive. I did something around the week before halloween and sprayed some on, and its still sticky. I'd test it on something, and really this stuff is handy to have around if you're building more characters.
cheers :smile: i'll definitely look around for some

aussiepuppeteer

Reaction score
The pins are generally t-pins. They have flat heads that can be hidden in the nap of the fleece, but are also easy to remove. They work really well for noses and ears. Eyes you're pretty much stuck with double-sided tape. You can dirty it up a little bit and it won't pull off as much fleece when you remove it. But, obviously, if you dirty it up too much, it won't stick enough to hold the parts on.

:stick_out_tongue:
ooo, yes, my sister's familiar with these pins too :big_grin: thanks very much!

aussiepuppeteer

Reaction score
Does the hook side of hook-and-loop/velcro work well? It seems like it might be a viable alternative, but I haven't tried it.
mmm i tried stick on velcro, but it wouldn't catch to the fleece. thank you anyway for the help :super:

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Did you use the right part of the velcro? I don't mean to make you sound like a dumb dumb head but the "hook" side should stick to Antron pretty good. Make certain the back of the eye is not concaved or the hooks won't reach and won't catch. In that case raise the backing and it should work. Just my 2 cents :smile:

aussiepuppeteer

Reaction score
Did you use the right part of the velcro? I don't mean to make you sound like a dumb dumb head but the "hook" side should stick to Antron pretty good. Make certain the back of the eye is not concaved or the hooks won't reach and won't catch. In that case raise the backing and it should work. Just my 2 cents :smile:
no that's ok, i don't mind your question :smile: i tried the hook side, but now that you mention Antron fleece, i think that might be the problem. see i live in australia, where Antron isn't available :frown: im using the closest material i could find, which is antipill fleece bought from spotlight (local manchester and craft store). do you think that might be why it won't work?

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Hey again,

theres actually another member around here from there too and he makes AMAZING pupppets using antron. I'd assume he orders from the same places the rest of us do tho. Not sure exactly. His name around here is Keeermit. try messaging him