** NEW** "The Muppets" news stories

beaker

Reaction score
Oh man this is way too awesome

Jack Black described his mind-bending role in the 2011 movie, which is penned by Gulliver’s co-star Jason Segel. “I will be playing myself,” Black says. “It’s kind of like Being John Malkovich. It is a new twist on the Muppets. Very cerebral and meta.” (Let’s hope our popcorn comes complete with a complementary thinking cap!)
It's pretty clear the Muppets WILL indeed be quite cerebral and "meta"(or as I might call it, meta-meta)

I can't wait to see how they will play with the whole "everything the Muppets have done as actors will be acknowledged" plotline. So nice they'll be playing a meta version of their real selves(actors), and not any specific exclusive character.

bknatchbull

Reaction score
Thanks dwmckim! Nice to be back amongst all the great Muppet fans!

MadForPepe

Reaction score
Hooraaahhh!

Wow, this is good news. Jack Black is just as funny and crazy as the Muppets! And if the likes of Zach Gianofolukous (or something like that) are participating also, I think the new Muppet Movie is exactly going in the direction that suits the Muppets best! :smile:

Can't wait! Hope they will put a lot of effort in it and get the details right. But with this kind of stars, it will apeal to a lot of people and 'sleaping' fans! :coy:

And then, finally we could have some Pepe's out there!