Your Favorite Romantic Muppet Moment

Fraggline

Reaction score
Hola, everybody!

I know I'm kinda new to this forum, and I hope nobody minds if I start a thread:
What are some of the most romantic scenes, in your opinion, that the Muppets have done?

...well, if you've read many of my posts so far, then you know that flip-dee-doo I've got quite a few (or at least a few) scenes that I like. Here's one:

In MTI, when Captain Smollet and Benjamina Gunn [maybe I misspelled their names] reunite, Benjamina, who can hardly breathe due to excitement, squeals, "Smolly, can it be you?" And Captain Smollet says, in the calmest, Kermitiest, but most lovingly way, "Benjamina..."
:flirt:
I love that one!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, if humans count, Maria and Luis' wedding. If not ... Kermit and Piggy's in MTM. Also, when Gobo is down with the Pebble Pox and Red is getting frustrated caring for him, I somehow find that to be a very romantic moment.

Slackbot

Reaction score
"Love in a Laundromat." Gonzo and Camilla get all snuggly in Disney's Laundry Land.

Maybe they could double date with Boober and... hmm?

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
:excited::mad:: U R right, Maria + Luis wedding is so romantic--seeing as how we can hear their thoughts, I think there were lots of confused kids out there...

WhiteRabbit-- I coudn't agree with you more! Janice and Floyd are just the SWEETEST! Everything they do is so
"awe-inspiring. It make you want to go, 'Aww...' "" --:attitude: the eagle

I've got to say it is pretty romantic at the end of MTM, as the show is going on and we see backstage, as Ronnie and Jenny are holding hands... Yo se (I think).. I feel that they were both were in love and didn't want to say it...I don't know, perhaps it was since they were only two humans in room (in wedding-like garb, ya must admit)...but ANYTIME anyone is holding hands...

Fraggline

Reaction score
Also, when Boober kisses Mokey after Pass it On when she gives him the fraggle pebble in MFC. Or vice-versa, the episodes (Not Without a Hat and Marooned) where Mokey kissed him. I've only seen the first two seasons of FR but I love shipping them. Same with RedxGobo, as seen in my sig. I hope there's more scenes like that in the later seasons. :3
Boober and Mokey are really sweet together! I read on Muppet Wiki that it was Gobo who loved her...but, no offense to the writer of the article, it's just that I think I have some doubts...

Also, what does it mean to "ship" something? Sorry I don't know.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
As I recall, it started with the Pokemon franchise, with Rocketshipping, since the hybrid of "Rocket" and "relationships" seem to go together rather well. A whole informal industry sprang up to "ship" just about everyone from then on out, LOL.

Fraggline

Reaction score
Cool! Thanks to you two, I know a new word!:big_grin:
Now, where to use it first...?

Fraggline

Reaction score
Okay, here's one of my favorites:
At the end of "Mokey's Funeral," Boober apologizes to Mokey and says he really liked her poetry. Later, the two take a ride in The White Bird, and Boober rows while Mokey recites the poem that was scorned before. Also, in the shadowy foreground, you can see Gobo with his arm around Red.

This is one of the reasons, besides "Ragtime Queen," that I love the episode so much! :3 :flirt:

MerryCakes

Reaction score
My favorite romantic scene in the Muppet Show is where Miss Piggy and Kermit are bicycling together . . . I can't remember what movie or episode that was in . . . any ideas?