Some YouTube Videos

Melonpool

Reaction score
Is that last one you singing or is that a Sesame Street song? I kinda want to see you tackle some non-Muppet stuff. Your skills are good, but I think you're kinda hiding behind what the Muppets already do.

If that makes sense. :wink:

SesameStMuppets

Reaction score
The Nine song is a song I wrote and performed. Hope you liked it :smile:

I appreciate your comment. Do you mind explaining what exactly you mean by hiding behind the Muppets? Not to say I don't disagree, necessarily. Certainly my style and designs are the same, but I feel most of my videos have content and comedy different than the Muppets.

Melonpool

Reaction score
I meant not lip synching things like "It's not Easy Being Green" with Kermit the Frog. Kind of trying not to cover the same ground that's already been covered by the Muppets forty years ago.

I think you're a great puppeteer -- and in learning I know it's useful to emulate what others have done before -- but the interesting thing about your "Oh What a Nine" video was that I honestly thought it was your take on something Sesame Street actually did. I would even have sworn that Jerry Nelson did the voice if you hadn't told us otherwise. My point is -- as clever as it was -- it reminded me so much of the Muppets that I thought it wasn't original.

And I've been guilty of all this as well. Just trying to save you a little time discovering this for yourself!

Steve

SesameStMuppets

Reaction score
Steve,

Thank you. I truly appreciate your feedback. I have been struggling with falling into the Muppets' material - both for some school assignments (like for Bein' Green) as well as personal work (Mahna Mahna singing When).

The 'Nine' song I wrote 100% as something that could get picked up by Sesame Street. I know that will NEVER happen, but to be honest, you mistaking it to be musical canon (even more sung by Jerry Nelson!) is incredibly high praise!

I'm trying to branch out - really, I am - but it's so challenging. I think I'm going somewhere with my new series "Everything You Need to Know," and there's more on the way!

In the mean time, I hope you continue to enjoy my Muppet-inspired videos.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Good stuff but I believe this is against copyright laws on both Youtube and Disney. Not positive, but i wouldn't have posted so many videos.

P.S. I don't mean to be a jerk about it either. They were amusing but just lookin out for ya

SesameStMuppets

Reaction score
I have looked into this before, YouTube wouldn't have let me post these videos if I WERE in copyright violation. I have had videos in the past which Disney and other Recording studios have not let fly.

I can't get in trouble using Muppet and Sesame characters as long as I don't charge people to see me perform them.

Melonpool

Reaction score
I think there's nothing to worry about copyright-wise until you start making money. It's not strict adherence to the law -- but it's too small to worry lawyers.