The breath of life

Knucklehead

Reaction score
I know we talk about Muppets here on Muppet central( go figure )

But my jaw dropped when checking this out .

A friend saw it in London, said it was stunning and puppeteers don't Exist on stage.. that's how great the breath of life is

How can you not be inspired! Cant wait to see it live..

War Horse

also scan this the audio is really hard to hear but it's super cool

here's one more ( ever been to the Races? this is Rock solid }

Puckrox

Reaction score
The first (and only) time I was in London a few years back, this show had just closed and was going to reopen a few months after we left. I so badly wanted to see it! My theatre troupe got to take a tour of the National Theatre and I'm vaguely positive that we did get to see the puppet of the horse... or maybe we got to see old set pieces... I can't remember. Fact is, I'm sad I didn't get to see this show. :sympathy:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I saw this when I was in Europe last year...it's stunning. Some of the best puppetry, anywhere, ever. There is a really good book about Handspring (which created the puppetry for Warhorse) that is sold at the show and available to order online. It provides an in-depth exploration of their process and I really recommend it. The DVD from the show - which you might only be able to buy in London - is really good too.

Warhorse is coming to Broadway in 2012 (I think). They were hiring puppeteers for the show last year.

Awhile back I posted some videos on my blog from the latest collaboration between Handspring and the National Theatre; you might want to check them out - http://puppetvision.info/2010/10/choreographing-breath-and-thought.html

Jinx

Reaction score
Actually Buck, War Horse begins previews in March of this year at Lincoln Center's Vivian Beaumont Theatre. Click Here for information.

Anyone planning a New York trip should definitely try to get tickets for this show.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Actually Buck, War Horse begins previews in March of this year at Lincoln Center's Vivian Beaumont Theatre. Click Here for information.

Anyone planning a New York trip should definitely try to get tickets for this show.
Oh really? I had no idea it was starting previews so son. I totally agree, if you're going to be in NYC you should definitely see it!