Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (POTC 4)

Disney

Reaction score
Hey guys, Travis here again from Disney. You guys seem really excited about some of our other upcoming films, so I thought everyone might be interested in hearing more about Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. Have any of you seen the trailer yet?

Puckrox

Reaction score
I'm excited! At first I wasn't sure I'd enjoy it, because I felt the characters Elizabeth and Will were really bringing down the last film, but now that's its all about Jack and Barbossa, I think it'll be pretty sweet movie. (Especially Barbossa. Geoffrey Rush does not get enough credit for being such a bad *** pirate)

So, yes! Looking forward to it! :big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to it! Ever since Peter Pan (book) I've always loved the concept of evil mermaids, which this film appears to have so THAT will be great.

I was surprised though because this was originally bandied about as being more low budget and a much smaller story without Will or Elizabeth...but this thing seems HUGE!

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
It looks awesome! Thanks for linking to the trailer! Now I've got another movie to add to my list in 2011! :smile:

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
I'm excited! At first I wasn't sure I'd enjoy it, because I felt the characters Elizabeth and Will were really bringing down the last film, but now that's its all about Jack and Barbossa, I think it'll be pretty sweet movie. (Especially Barbossa. Geoffrey Rush does not get enough credit for being such a bad *** pirate)

So, yes! Looking forward to it! :big_grin:
yeah ironically the original film was supposed to be all about Will and Elizabeth with Jack just a supporting role -then Johnny Depp came in and played with the character the rest is history. Michael Eisner reportedly hated what Depp was doing claiming his performance was "ruining the film" just one of the reasons he's not in charge anymore.

Disney

Reaction score
Here's a great interview with Johnny Depp discussing the "less confusing" plot for this installment of the Pirates series. I'm sure a number of you will be excited to hear this news. :wink: