Kermit Replica Attempt/Beaker?

gooby1244

Reaction score
Hey guys- here are some pictures of Muppet recreations/attempts by me. (link below)
Kermit replica attempt, using my own patterns
Random Muppet (had extra green fleece-needed to use)
Sam the Eagle foam head-not finished/fabricated

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fearthecosmetix/with/5362313448/

P.S.-I am begining to make a Beaker replica puppet. I know his head is made of shipping tube-but does anyone know how his mouth works?:eek:

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Yep, and I like what I see, especially Kermit. Sam is looking good so far, but remember the eyes are different, as they can shift.

As for Beaker, I never knew his head was a shipping tube, but for the mouth, I'm not sure if I can explain without a visual aid, but I'll say you have to put your hand at a 90 degree angle and let your thumb control his mouth.

gooby1244

Reaction score
Yep, and I like what I see, especially Kermit. Sam is looking good so far, but remember the eyes are different, as they can shift.

As for Beaker, I never knew his head was a shipping tube, but for the mouth, I'm not sure if I can explain without a visual aid, but I'll say you have to put your hand at a 90 degree angle and let your thumb control his mouth.
cool! thank you:smile:
yes-im going to make eye sockets and get plastic eyes and make them move. i just was figuring out placing.

That's what i was thinking for beaker. but i heard once his mouth was controlled by a string or something. but i couldnt figure it out:big_grin:

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Good to know. Someone else did a Beaker replica here, maybe you could contact him.

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Yeah, that was the one. The one pain in the tuckus was the shirt/labcoat.