Audrey II

Adam Kreutinger

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Samuel French use to have the rights to an Audrey II pattern for the final pod. as far as I know the pattern was just for the aluminum skeleton for the final biggest plant.

Does anyone know who has to rights to it now? or where I can find a copy of it?

Thanks
Adam

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
The newest Audrey 2 I've seen was made by the Swazzle team. I believe they build it from scratch.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
The show is currently licensed by Music Theatre International, which has had the rights to the show for at least the past decade. I think what you're referring to is "How To Audrey II", which is a book that (to my knowledge anyway) is only available to groups that license the rights to the show. It includes complete plans for all four Audrey II pods, as well as the finale pieces for the 4th puppet.

Does that help?

Jinx

Reaction score
Buck is right. There are two books of How to Audrey II by Martin P. Robinson. They are detailed books about building all 4 plants from the original off-broadway production. They are only available to companies who are licensed in production for the show through .

I've built two sets of puppets over the years from these plans, and they are very good, but you still have to have an awful lot of knowledge of the crafting aspects of building such things. There are many, many, many little details in building the puppets so that they will actually function in the necessary manner.

Just three months ago our local company produced the show and rented the puppets from [url=http://mcavenedesigns.com/index2.html]McAvene Designs
. They provide excellent puppets at a very reasonable rate. I don't know if I would ever want to build from scratch again with McAvene's available.

You can see a commercial I made with McAvene's #1 pod by clicking here.

Adam Kreutinger

Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back guys. This show is going up in march. We did the show 2 years ago too, so we already have the best set of plants that the director made. He just wants to make a new frame for the final plant because it has been rented out alot. I will post some pics soon.
If anyone finds out about the pattern please let me know, it would save us a lot of time.

Thanks guys,
Adam