The Old Disney Muppets Attraction before Muppets 3D

dented

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was doing some research on Hollywood Studious, used to be known as MGM studious. I came across an neat side and found out at there was an attraction that featured the Muppets before the Muppetvision 3D attraction opened.

The link below contains a few pictures of the original attraction and the entire script from the show. Enjoy!

http://waltdatedworld.bravepages.com/id70.htm

dented

Reaction score
Wish I had been around during those days. Last year I did take pictures of all the movie posters in the queue area just in case they ever disappear. I was hopeful that maybe they would do something with the new movie, but the person I know who works at the park said as far as he know, no new attractions or promotions are in the works.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
It is really cool that your link has the full transcript. My dream is to find someone who has access to all those old master sound tapes. Imagine having just the audio track to those old shows, or hearing the out take reels, or the instrumental numbers featured during the show like that boss orchestrated Muppet Show Theme song with the big intro at the start of the 3d movie! Either that, or I will plan a heist of the Disney Studios! Who's with me?

dented

Reaction score
I still say a fan driven Muppets Weekend, like the Star Wars Weekends, would be a huge draw. If I were connected with some of the people behind the Muppets, I might would try to put it together myself. Alas, though, the big draw for Star Wars Weekends are the movie stars, and I haven't talked to Frank Oz since, well, never.

Dearth

Reaction score
It is really cool that your link has the full transcript.
I was a bit surprised when I followed the link and saw that it was Mouseketeer Alison's 'Walt Dated World'... I'm contributed a few bits of info to her over the years, like photos, audio files, transcripts. I love that site.

In fact, I'm mentioned at the very bottom of that particular article:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]"Thanks to Alex for supplying some missing lines of script, as well as the best sounding source audio of this attraction that I've heard."[/FONT]​

My dream is to find someone who has access to all those old master sound tapes.
I assume you've got the source audio of the final mix? That's the file I sent Alison.

Imagine having just the audio track to those old shows, or hearing the out take reels, or the instrumental numbers featured during the show like that boss orchestrated Muppet Show Theme song with the big intro at the start of the 3d movie!
I was listening to the mixed version the other day and wishing for a way to remove the dialogue... although, I think you could pull a 'Jedi Rocks' hybrid if you took the bit of song at the opening and the bit of song at the end and smooshed them together.

(For the Special Edition of ROTJ, you hear the end of the song in one style, followed by an interrupted beginning of the same song in a different style. The soundtrack album put them together in reverse order to create one half-and-half song.)

Alex