Superhero Scooter Question.

Latecomer

Reaction score
Hello,

I finally gave in after years of admiration and started collecing the Palisades Muppet figures.

I started out slow, buying the cheaper figures I could afford until I got lucky and bought someone's packaged collection on ebay for really low prices. (on average $7 a figure).

I now have all of the characters I want except for Scooter, Rowlf, Zoot, Strangepork, Hogthrob, Robin, and Lips. Scooter seems to go for higher prices than I am willing to pay for now.

I saw a loose Superhero Scooter figure on ebay without his cape and it appears most of his costume comes off to be standard Scooter. Does that include the hat? Could you buy a Superhero Scooter, take off all the superhero costume and have a standard Scooter?

Dearth

Reaction score
No, the hat is molded directly to the head. It is not removable.

Actually, I think there was a very similar thread to this a while back, so apparently it's a common wish among new collectors.

Alex

Latecomer

Reaction score
Thanks! I guess I'll stay on the lookout for a cheaper standard Scooter.

It may be a pipe dream, but I'm hoping to get my collection for on average $15 a figure. Due to a great stroke of luck, I've about done that.

In just one month, at an average of $15 a figure, I've picked up: Uncle Deadly, Sweetums, Crazy Harry, Pops and Gaffer, Newman, Lew Zealand, Long Hair Miss Piggy, Animal, Beauregard, Fozzie Bear, Floyd Pepper, Short Hair Piggy, Dr. Teeth, Bunsen and Bunny Robot, Standard Kermit, Koozebane Kermit, Rizzo, Sam Arrow, Pepe, Gonzo and Camilla, Janice, Statler, Waldorf, Phil Neuter, Sam the Eagle, Usher Scooter, Marvin Suggs, Beaker and Muppet Labs, and Swedish Chef and Kitchen

My big priorities right now are standard Scooter, Tuxedo Rowlf, Backstage Playset with Rowlf, Zoot, Strangepork, Hogthrob, Rainbow Connection Robin, Scout Robin, Lips, and Jim Henson.

I know that many of these items will be pretty expensive, but I was wondering if you could give me an idea of what I will pay if I am patient and spend quite a bit of time watching and waiting.

I'd like to pay:

Scooter - $25
Tuxedo Rowlf - $25
Backstage Playset - $250
Zoot - $100
Strangepork - $20
Hogthrob - $20
Rainbow Connection Robin - $75
Scout Robin - $15
Lips - $40
Jim Henson - $100

Are any of these totally unrealistic? What is a "good" price for these items?

Also, what seems to be the most rare? It seems like everything I listed above an be found on Amazon or ebay if you're willing to pay it except Rainbow Connection Kermit (with Robin). Is it more rare than the other items?

Also, why does Lips go for so much? There were three versions of him, and yet every version goes for really high prices.

Dearth

Reaction score
Also, why does Lips go for so much? There were three versions of him, and yet every version goes for really high prices.
Probably due to the low numbers he was produced in, combined with the large number of Electric Mayhem fans who want to complete their set.

But there could be another reason, too. Lips suffers from a problem with his plastic, meaning that his paint is still sticky all these years later.

I think a lot of collectors may have bought him to display loose, but as soon as they opened him, they discovered the easy-to-ruin paint job just isn't friendly to being touched by human hands, so they then bought ANOTHER one of him to leave that one sealed on the card.

And that meant there were even LESS of him to go around.

Alex

Andibcool

Reaction score
I think tuxedo Rowlf is to cheap, count at least 40$.
Frog Scout i would count 20$ thease days.
Other prices seem realistic.
I happen to have a few ( 2 or 3 ) scooters MoC here. But i live in germany so shipping would be expensive and over you limit.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
yeah series 9 and 3 had very low production numbers meaning most of the figures from the sereis and maybe the playsets from 3 and 9 everytime i tried to get a kitchen bam lost and lips is the rarest band member:eek:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Here's the lowest current margin to my knowledge:

Series Three Scooter - $60 ($15 for Super Hero, $10 for Usher)
Tuxedo Rowlf - $85
Backstage Playset - $350
Zoot - $200
Strangepork - $35
Hogthrob - $40
Rainbow Connection Robin - $250
Scout Robin - $25
Lips - $80
Jim Henson - $250

Expect to pay these prices unless you are an expert, patient Ebayer. By Thanksgiving 2011 these prices will double. :wink:

Reaction score
Ebay Prices

This week on Ebay, I picked up:
MOC
Lips-Brown Shirt---$55
Zoot-Silver Sax---$81

I've seen Jim Henson, Rainbow Connection Kermit and some others recently for ~$100-150.

I still need WW Dr Teeth (which went for less than $100 in November on ebay), and the Modern Gonzo Collectors Club tin. Also looking for silver variant Janice (cheap, not BIN).

Andibcool

Reaction score
Frogboy4

Hmm thease prices seem to high for me.

Backstage sets on ebay not to long ago:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310278603716&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170579070019&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

so 150 $ used and 250 -300$ mint

Tux Rowlf:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260725246022

Seller did try sell it 2 times for 89$ with reserve price found no people that did bit over his reserve or bought it with BIN at 89$
Here his 2nd try with high bin just for exsample.
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260719852245&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT

Zoot:
Auction i won ( i know it was a very nice price ):
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260694455597

Silver look what Billybob said.

Has not much to do with expert big patience ebayer,just observing and price comparsions.

Sure if you dont care how much they cost you can BIN from those price scalpers. People dont pay those high prices i often see that in auctions.

Edit dont know why these links dont work, seems a forum problem.
Well i will write the item number additional you can search for it then.

Dearth

Reaction score
Could you buy a Superhero Scooter, take off all the superhero costume and have a standard Scooter?
I bought a loose Superhero Scooter just for his glasses (there was a simultaneous auction by a different seller for a regular Scooter with no specs) so while I was cannibalizing him for parts, I ripped off the hat to show ya what's underneath it...

http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http:%2F%2Fthreads.rebelscum.com%2Fphotogallery%2Fwatermark.php?file=190806&imagewidth=392&imageheight=494

Alex