Kermit!

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
So I have been making a Kermit replica and just finished it today. Although I vowed never to make one, I finally caved and gave it a try. I learned a ton from the experience. Let me know what you think.

http://puppeteersunite.com/?p=1727
Thanks.

PS- Big thanks to all of you whom provided advice along the way!

Puckrox

Reaction score
Wow. That's really good! It looks so close the original! Great job! :smile:

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Thanks! I think if I ever build him again i'll shrink the pattern down 10%- notice how his tongue is further up when it should be closer to this bottom lip. Oh well. :smile: I had fun building him though.

Animal31

Reaction score
I like him alot, what did you use for patterns and material?

Thanks for sharing!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Very sweet! Gonna' make any videos or performances with him?

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
I like him alot, what did you use for patterns and material?

Thanks for sharing!
I started from scratch and created a pattern. I built a "rough" version using the pattern I came up with and didn't like it.

So I then took a pattern using the photo of the disected replica floating around here on the web. I traced it, and re-sized it. I only took the head pattern.

I made another "rough" version using the replica pattern and as I was in the middle of taking notes and sewing my wife noticed that the pattern I came up with and the replica pattern were the exact same- my pattern had a longer neck however. So I went back and used my pattern after some resizing.

I used good ol' fashion polar fleece as Antron is impossible to find right now. I used a ladder stich to hide the seams and used the Alternate Simple Series Body Pattern from Project Puppet for the body. I really learned a lot trying to pattern a fabric puppet with no foam structure as a guide. Thanks for the feedback.

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Very sweet! Gonna' make any videos or performances with him?
Although my puppetry skills are somewhat good, my Kermit impression is horrid and thank God I know this. Pictures will have to suffic LOL

He'll sit on my workshop shelf and be a discussion point with any visitors that drop by LOL

spcglider

Reaction score
Very nice!

What did you learn from this exercise?

-G