A Lidsville movie

Son of Enik

Reaction score
I have always been a huge fan of Sid & Marty Krofft and felt that Lidsville was one of their more underrated shows. I think that having Dreamworks do an animated film adaptation is the best way to go. Land of the Lost was a tragedy (that was my absolute favorite non-Muppets show as a kid) and really am looking forward to Lidsville...thank you for sharing this with us!

Xerus

Reaction score
I don't know about that, but here's something else about him that I find interesting...

Again, CNR HATED doing Lidsville so much because of the makeup and whatnot, yet he later had his OWN Saturday morning cartoon, where he wore this big, plushy, fleecey crocodile costume, called Uncle Croc's Block (the live-action Filmation show that featured off-beat animated parodies like Groovy Ghoulies, M-U-S-H, etc).
Oh yeah. Uncle Croc's Block was a sweet memory from my childhood. Charles was great with kids' shows.

Xerus

Reaction score
I have always been a huge fan of Sid & Marty Krofft and felt that Lidsville was one of their more underrated shows. I think that having Dreamworks do an animated film adaptation is the best way to go. Land of the Lost was a tragedy (that was my absolute favorite non-Muppets show as a kid) and really am looking forward to Lidsville...thank you for sharing this with us!
Your welcome. :smile: It's still unknown how it's going to turn out or who will be starring in it. But they predict it'll be in 2013.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have a compilation DVD that has the pilot episodes of all of the Kroffts' shows, and as a special feature on the DVD, George Lopez did a commentary for the Lidsville pilot.

I think it's obvious that Lopez was a big Kroffter, remember that episode of his sitcom where Pufnstuf showed up at his birthday party? "I just KNEW you'd be soft!"

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Seriously? H.R. Pufnstuff was on The George Lopez Show? Wow! That's cool. Why can't I run across that episode in random flipping through channels for the times I catch that show on Nick?