The Muppets’ Super Bowl: The Best Muppet Commercials of All Time

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
There is also a tender one with Gonzo --- here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr4JE_NeNtI

I love the song, and since I love Gonzo, I really like this one!
In fact, it would be great if this song could be added to the database of songs for Muppet Central Radio, if such a thing would be possible.

Also, I just saw the NFL commercial with Ernie making an appearance! WOW- how did I miss this during the Super Bowl? That was great! I loved it! Ernie didn't have a huge appearance, but he was there for a brief while- and the fact that any of the Muppets got included is way cool!:stick_out_tongue:
The main gist is that they had a ton of classic and more modern TV characters in the commercial, all sporting the logos and jerseys and such for their favorite NFL teams. There were a few newer shows in there that I don't really care about (i.e. "The Family Guy", "The Office", "The Simpsons", "South Park", "Beverly Hills 90210" - okay, I do actually love the theme song for this last show, but I don't really care about the show itself) and a number of other classic shows that were great to see included. "Seinfeld" was in there, along with "Cheers", both of which I'm not real big into, but I've seen some of them here and there. The "Cheers" theme song is classic though, of course.
My favorite appearances, besides Ernie representing Sesame Street and Jim Henson's Muppets in general of course, were mainly "The Brady Bunch", "Happy Days", "Full House", "The Golden Girls" and "ALF". Yeah! That was great seeing some of my favorite classic '70s and '80s sitcoms in there. :flirt::smile:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Yea, do you know what the scene with Ernie was from? Did it have anything to do with football?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's from a 2005 sketch where he and Bert play the "Guess What's Next" pattern game. Bert uses things like bottle caps and paper clips and Ernie uses farm animals.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In fact, it would be great if this song could be added to the database of songs for Muppet Central Radio, if such a thing would be possible.
Let me see what I can do. The song will need quite a bit of restoration work though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is the new Muppet Movie commercial on Youtube yet?
I wouldn't expect a Muppet Movie trailer (nor a teaser) until at the earliest, mid-spring. the film is STILL being filmed, and there's no time to even do so much as a teaser, yet.

piggyinmanhatte

Reaction score

sesamestreetcha

Reaction score
wow, these are some great vids. One problem with not being in the US is that we don't get the superbowl, and these awseome ads just pass us by.
I would not even have thought to look for them.

Cheers