Miss Piggy puppet

Claudia Alex

Reaction score
I would like to build miss piggy puppet but i don't have any pattern or idea how the head it's made, can anyone help me, please.

TML

Reaction score
sculpt the head out of clay, make a silicone mold, pour in foam latex rubber, hollow it out, then flock it. Good luck with that!

Adam Kreutinger

Reaction score
and if you want to get really fancy. rather than hollowing it out you could make a positive, of the space for you hand, to be set inside of you piggy head mold then you will have a pristine miss piggy head.

this is going to be my summer project.

Knucklehead

Reaction score
A small step in the right direction!

Claudia,
Welcome to this great forum of some very talented and inspiring builders. I heard Portugal is Beautiful this time of year..

A Miss piggy puppet is what you need help with ?
Recently one of are great builders here goes by the name PUPPETMANCAN I believe his name is Andrew. He built a really well done baby miss piggy that made me crack up from a Vogue pattern that you can find on ebay and did a amazing job, it could made into a puppet if you have that in mind when you start.

The thing is it sounds like your about to start building puppets for the first time? Taking on such a project such as this right out of the box might be discouraging and frustrating then you will never make a puppet again . AND WE CAN'T HAVE that !

Theirs only one place to start when you start and that is the great projectpuppet.com . Get one of the simple patterns and get creative and most of all have FUN. I for one would love to see what you do.

If you have question during the process JUST ask! and someone here will be able to help you out for sure.

practicecactus

Reaction score
If you're new to puppet making I wouldn't recommend making a replica as a first attempt but you can carve it out of a block of foam, cut it down the middle so you have two halves, hollow out the space for your hand, then glue the two sides back together. Covering it can be done by flocking, but that's more of a professional option. You can try covering it with antron fleece, or any material that similarly hides seams, but it may be tricky with all those curves of hers.

Claudia Alex

Reaction score
Thank you all, i don't have much experience in making puppets only the basics but i would like to try making the puppet Miss Piggy.
I thought draw Miss Piggy sideway then draw in foam and cut twice i think this way it will end with a round head,maybe...

if you like to see my puppets visit my blog http://fantochesdaclaudia.blogspot.com

ps: Knucklehead, yes Portugal is beautiful any time of the year great country to visit.

ilovemusic

Reaction score
Whoah! Great stuff! Those are good characters! Thanks for sharing!