ToyFair 2011 - Fraggle Stuff

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm glad they're doing smaller Fraggle Plush... but would it have killed them to maybe start with Mokey? And those puppets don't look all that good.

Tosh

Reaction score
Um, yeah... those are some strange looking puppets! Mokey looks so flat... and old... :smirk:

I did enjoy looking at the other toys... made me remember how much I used to love the Smurfs, and how much I hated Gizmo and the Gremlins! (Flashbacks of Gremlin nightmares... :eek: )

Drtooth

Reaction score
This guy barely ventured out of 1980's throwbacks and comic book stuff. What I'm wondering is are there any Muppet products there that aren't Fraggle Rock or Sesame Street. We still haven't heard anything on that. Tough Pigs was there last year... I'm guessing either they won't be there or they're going to be up end of the week or something?

And really... HATING the heck out of the Movie looking Smurfs merchandise. I REALLY wish Paramount made the movie they were going to. I'm giving it a full trailer before I decide to waste money on it.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Dang. Boober still looks like the Eraserhead baby. If I buy one, I'd have to custom him seven ways to Sunday to hold the nightmares back.

elkkthunder

Reaction score
I have a bunch of pictures I took at Toyfair and talked to the rep from the company. I will post more when I get the chance to process the photos and do a little write up

Drtooth

Reaction score
I honestly don't feel Boober looks bad... the puppets don't look all that good, sure... but the only things that look completely off in my opinion is the Sprocket plush (too furry, nose and eyes too small) and the puppet version of Junior Gorg. Of course, the Junior plush looked so so anyway... but that's because there are details that are very hard to get down. Even the animators on the cartoon series got stuff wrong.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, what I mistook as smaller, Sababa scale Fraggle plush were actually plush bobbleheads. Uh.... okay. :rolleyes:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Wow. The Mokey plush looks like Fraggle caricature of Albert Einstein.