Speechless...

King Rupert

Reaction score
HA. I saw this last week and meant to post it... hilarious indeed.

Animal31

Reaction score
This is actually one of three, the first was a "pre-order" for an Elmo last November. He posted a stock photo and when I e-mailed him asking for a photo of the actual puppet he told me that was it, but that he "sold" it. He told me he charges $350.00 a piece and that he researches and uses the same materials as the originals. In the add he compared himself to the likes of Jarrod and Puppetmancan, so I was indeed curious....

He then e-mailed me photos of a Fozzie that was "going to go quick", but was posted 3 times on eBay before it finally sold. I couldn't resist and I then e-mailed him for photos of one of his Elmos, he told me he was very sick, but I could prepay him now, and he would have another one done until January. I told him to just let me know when I could see his finished work.

February 22nd and he still hasn't written me back.... :smile:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Now I have to clean hot chocolate off my monitor and my coworkers are looking at me funny.

practicecactus

Reaction score
Aw, and I thought I was cynical and cruel. You guys are bein mean.
Ok, so it's not particularly "professional" and accurate a replica, but I thought it was rather endearing. Sure, they probably won't be getting a 'cease and desist' letter from Disney anytime soon but it's not that bad a puppet and it's not going for like, 300 bucks.

In my experience in situations like this, and going by what Animal31 has described, they could either be young or have some kind of 'condition', but while I do think there is a bit of, what I call, 'Idol delusion' where people have been a little blinded by words of encouragement from friends and family, at least they have confidence. It's certainly not the worst looking puppet I've ever seen.

Adam Kreutinger

Reaction score
Ok, so it's not particularly "professional" and accurate a replica, but I thought it was rather endearing. Sure, they probably won't be getting a 'cease and desist' letter from Disney anytime soon but it's not that bad a puppet and it's not going for like, 300 bucks.

In my experience in situations like this, and going by what Animal31 has described, they could either be young or have some kind of 'condition', but while I do think there is a bit of, what I call, 'Idol delusion' where people have been a little blinded by words of encouragement from friends and family, at least they have confidence. It's certainly not the worst looking puppet I've ever seen.
Maybe I should not have put speechless. I have very mixed feelings on it. I'll tell you one thing though seeing this on ebay made my day. And you are right it's not that bad of a puppet, it's just not a very good gonzo. As far as copyright laws personally, they are way too strick. (though I do abide by the law, unfortunately I don't make the rules i just fallow them) The artists have too much "protection". When it comes down to it its just greediness. Can't we all just get along and share.

~Adam

ilovemusic

Reaction score
WHAT THE HECK'S THAT? It looks like a koozebanian...

Animal31

Reaction score

You know , you're right. No one should be laughed at for building a puppet. I guess my shock came from seeing the finished product after all his boasting, and he knew that pic he originally put up of Elmo wasn't his. The Fozzie if I remember correctly went up originally for $200.00, and maybe sold for $50.00?

But I'll give him credit, he's livin' the dream! :smile:

Adam Kreutinger

Reaction score
I think you guys are taking this the wrong way. Nobody is being cynical and cruel, Nobody hates this guy.

Animal31

Reaction score
It's no problem Adam, I totally get what everyone was saying.

I was just apologizing for myself..... :smile: