Strength of the bendable wires in MR puppets?

generalFROSTY

Reaction score
I just got my Kermit and Gonzo and although I plan on primarily displaying them in a set pose, at some points I will do some fun photo shoots with them and wanted to see if anyone ever had an issue with the internal wires breaking? I know these are built tougher than the old bendem style figures we had as kids (and may still have today!) but I always feel a little leary in posing them in fear of causing damage that cannot be repaired.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
no the wires inside the replicas are strong and sturdy and unless you are very stong there is no way of breaking them hope i helped:smile:

Animal31

Reaction score
Although very unlikely, I would never say never. When I got my Kermit it came with a few instructions, one of which I remember was to try and never bend at the same point consistantly or quickly.....

But that being said, this is really what they were made for, posing!

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
Although very unlikely, I would never say never. When I got my Kermit it came with a few instructions, one of which I remember was to try and never bend at the same point consistantly or quickly.....

But that being said, this is really what they were made for, posing!
I remember reading that, too. I also reacall a statement here coming from MR themselves right about the time Kermit was released saying the same thing. I think someone compared it to a thicker clothes hanger. If you work it enough, I'm sure it will snap.

BoomerangFish

Reaction score
It's unlikely you will break them but they can become weak at the bend points and then won't hold the "pose" as well. They use these type of wires in a lot of stop motion puppets as well.

BoomerangFish

Reaction score
no the wires inside the replicas are strong and sturdy and unless you are very stong there is no way of breaking them hope i helped:smile:
Yes its very unlikely they would break but the joints (where the bends are) can become "worn" and not hold their posing as well if you move them suddenly or frequently. Very similar to stop motion puppets (Nightmare Before Christmas)