Lance Cardinal's handmade Muppet Theatre Playset

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Have you thought about making other custom playsets? It might not feel right to do a Vets Hospital playset when the VH figures only exist as prototypes, and a Bear on Patrol playset might not feel right without a Patrol Link, but a Talk Spot or Panel Discussion custom could probably be done.

Dearth

Reaction score
Have you thought about making other custom playsets?
While we await more direct replies from Lance (Wachusk), below is a quote from his original blog. Don't feel bad, I missed this myself the first time I viewed it, because my eyes were blinded by the sheer awesomeness of the photos.

Lance wrote,

"I am not done creating parts for this series. I have plans to create:

-Musicians pit for Muppet Theatre
-Box Seats for Statler and Waldorf
-Opening arches for Muppet Theatre
-Muppet Labs (From TV series, not the Palisades Muppet 3D version)
-Fozzie's comedy Backdrop
-Vetrinarians Hospital
-Ballroom Scene
-Planet Koozebaine Set
-Muppet News Room
-Great Gonzo Stunt Set
-Dressing rooms (Piggy/Guest)
-Much More!"

Alex

rexcrk

Reaction score
Really really really well-done! I'd so buy one!

beaker

Reaction score
Only a dozen replies? This should be front page news on MC! In 13 years of being on this forum, this is by far the most amazing thing I've seen fan made. ****, I'd say its even better than what an official theater would have looked like by Palisades. This is truly just something else. Can't wait to see Nicki Napoleon and the orchestra pit!

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Personally, I'm hoping his custom figures are as good as his playsets. Especially if he's building the orchestra pit, lots of opportunities for customs.
Purple tux band, and of course, Nigel.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
*reeling, gasping*

Holy greasepaint! That is GORGEOUS!

My fingers are too uncoordinated to do modeling properly. I am in awe. Thank you for sharing, Lance! :smile:

fuzzydice82

Reaction score
This really is completely and ridiculously awesome.

I know that everything on this theater is custom, but if Disney were to produce a toy theater like this at even 50% of the component quality, how much do you think it would cost and how much would you pay?

I can't imagine the toy would cost less than $100. As far as how much I would pay? Probably more than my wife would let me spend on toys since $100 would be too much anyway :smile:

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
...Impressive. VERY impressive. I like it. Hm...Makes me want to make a custom Gonzo Trailer, like he had in one direct to video movie...