Eye Alert!

larz

Reaction score
Okay builders - get to Walmart quick! Easter is a grand time to collect puppet eyes with all the plastic eggs available. I found these "baseball eggs" - perfectly round, perfectly halved and no impressions. The red stitches come off super clean with a swipe of acetone (finger nail polish remover). About 2" diameter. $1.99 for 12 in a pack.

https://skitch.com/larz99/r2nm3/baseball-eggs

I also found some large (2.5") white foam baseballs like the nerf gun balls, nice and dense) but I'm having some difficulty removing the red stitch print on those. can always hit it with some white "plastic" paint.

Go gather!

Puppetainer

Reaction score
Thanks larz! I ran out to Walmart and grabbed a package of the baseball eggs. Always appreciate a timely tip!

Edradour

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! They must be popular, because there was only 1 bag left when I bought mine yesterday.

Animal31

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! They must be popular, because there was only 1 bag left when I bought mine yesterday.
I just picked up 3 bags myself, can't beat it at $1.97 each bag.

These would be great escpecially for eyes with eye lids on the backside...

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
This is the bit where I wish I lived in the US, lol. I shall look in my local dollar stores though for such a similar item, cause I've never heard of using acetone on something like that to remove ink (but it's a really good idea).

Animal31

Reaction score
This is the bit where I wish I lived in the US, lol. I shall look in my local dollar stores though for such a similar item, cause I've never heard of using acetone on something like that to remove ink (but it's a really good idea).
You can get them clean with a brillo pad as well, someone actually posted the link on another thread which is where I got the tip from....if it dulls them too much I just shoot it with a clear coat afterwards.