News on TVTV

spcglider

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just a quickie update (for those of you who are prone to care! LOL!) on Transylvania Television:

We are currently putting all our efforts to assembling a package of six to ten half hour shows using some of our previous material and some all-new comedy pieces. Why? Well, we got an "offer" from a station down in Houston, Tx. The offer was "send us whatever you got in half-hour format and we'll run 'em for you."

Which is free airtime in one of the largest TV markets in the country. So that's actually a pretty okay thing.

No... we're not getting any money for it. But that's okay.

What we ARE getting is a couple of things that are very important. 1) Exposure. Especially in an area of the country we haven't been. 2) Free advertising. They've offered to run promo spots in the slot approaching the broadcast so we get a little on-air promotion to help draw an audience. 3) Stats. After our show airs, they'll provide us with demographics about who was tuning in to see it. That's actually very important because it'll help us understand what kind of people our show appeals to (as opposed to who we THINK it appeals to). And 4) it will elevate our status beyond "local" television... a prerequisite to getting a listing for TVTV on imdb. Which is a very important thing as far as street-cred goes.

So that's where we sit currently. Just in case anyone was wondering "what happened to TVTV?"

Thanks for readin'!

-Gordon :smile:

Onath

Reaction score
That is fantastic.

I hope it goes well. Sounds like a good place to spring board from.

spcglider

Reaction score
More news:

We leave tonight for Pennsylvania where we'll be attending the National Haunter's Convention (for people who 'do" Halloween and haunted houses). They invited me out to talk about puppetry (as it relates to halloween and haunted houses) and gave us a large booth!

I also have several meetings scheduled after we return... which hopefully will bear positive results!

-Gordon