Question about Puppet changes...

lotusoftheleaf

Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere that it was to make Gobo look more mature. I happen to think the "younger" looking early Gobo is actually cuter.

Something interesting I remember reading is that the early Gobo puppet actually had movable eyelids, though his hair obscured them. I wonder why they chose to get rid of that feature when they redesigned him.

BoomerangFish

Reaction score
Interesting! I figured it had to do with the interpretation of the character. The 2nd version does kinda look more like the other Fraggles in terms of his physicality...? :wink:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Yea I was wondering that too. I didn't notice it when I first watched the series. Then when the first season came back on again it seemed as if he looked almost more like Robin than Gobo. But yea I'm with Boomerang Fish that the second version seems more Fraggely.
So then, this begs another question, the second Gobo is in the theme song. So, did they film the theme song after they came up with the new puppet or is there another version with the first puppet floating around somewhere?