Help on making pattern

Bob1995

Reaction score
So, it's been to quite some time since I posted here. Since joining the site, I've created at least two puppets, here's one of them: http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/3018/photoon20101219at0935.jpg
Now, I'm rather satisfied with this one. However, the other is... one I'm not all that satisfied with. It's a bit rushed, with a few glaring mistakes and blemishes. This prompted me to create a brand new design, which can be seen in the link below:
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1328/bobbahn.jpg
Now, for this one I'm trying to actually create a pre-set pattern, rather than improvising like the previous version. However, I'm not very good with patterns, and I don't think one of Project Puppet's patterns might fit. So, I came here for advice. The mouth is going to be a bit wider than the design suggests, and it's going to be a live-hand puppet as well. Any bits of advice?

Animal31

Reaction score
I love the design, he looks kinda oval shaped?

Bob1995

Reaction score
Yes, he has an oval shaped head. There are at least three different head patterns on Project Puppet that they have for oval shaped heads, which one should I use?

Animal31

Reaction score
All of the patterns have some puppets pictured to kind of give you the idea of the outcome, with just the sketch for me to go off of, I would say just take a look at the different puppets made from each pattern and pick which one is the most like what you have pictured in your head.

Each one can also be modified a bit to suit your puppets needs.

Bob1995

Reaction score
The Pinhead pattern might work, if I enlarge the head a bit.

Bob1995

Reaction score
Though, to be honest, the Punto pattern seems like the best fit. Unfortunately, it's a tad too expensive, since I planned it to have both the fleece and foam, not just one or the other.

Puppetainer

Reaction score
I have all the Project Puppet patterns except for the Monstro. I would agree that the Punto pattern would probably work best for your design. Of course you'd have to modify it somewhat for the live hand version, but I think it could work well. Best of luck!