Your Thoughts: New Muppet Central Forum Features

Pork

Reaction score
Oh wow! so different!
But I think I like it. It's brighter and ... funner.
I like trophies. :big_grin:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Don't want to get too long since it's highly unlikely this will even work and post but the new forum doesn't work with webtv - WHICH MEANS I CAN NO LONGER ACCESS THE FORUMS ANYMORE!!!

**** IT! If it's not broke, don't "fix" it! Haven't been able to access Tough Pigs for years due to delphi long ago becoming webtv-incompatable and now with this change, i no longer have a "home" - this was my last link to sanity and the only remaining somewhat good thing in my life left and now that's gone too?

*&&%!!!

I'm trying every proxy i know of to try to find some kind of workaround but after four hours of no success, this probably won't post either so here goes nothing...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i like it is sleek and pretty cool i like the same thats been said about videos and pictures....but not a fan of the colors, anyway to change that?
Yes, we can adjust the colors and many other settings. In fact, nearly everything can be customized. It's much easier to style than vBulletin.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't you change the main site forum linkage on your side? I think you did that before.
Yes, all of the Flash menus should be pointing to the new forum now. The vBulletin redirects for all of the old threads are also fully functional.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Don't want to get too long since it's highly unlikely this will even work and post but the new forum doesn't work with webtv - WHICH MEANS I CAN NO LONGER ACCESS THE FORUMS ANYMORE!!!

**** IT! If it's not broke, don't "fix" it! Haven't been able to access Tough Pigs for years due to delphi long ago becoming webtv-incompatable and now with this change, i no longer have a "home" - this was my last link to sanity and the only remaining somewhat good thing in my life left and now that's gone too?

*&&%!!!
I'm trying every proxy i know of to try to find some kind of workaround but after four hours of no success, this probably won't post either so here goes nothing...
I agree.

All of these improvements - the video embed, the image embed and these new bells and whistles were completely available and could have been implemented in the old vBulletin format that Muppet Central Forums successfully used for nearly a decade. I do like the quicker speed here, but that just appears to be a server-side issue and not a formatting one. The rest is just needless garbage that totally killed my cellphone's battery while waiting at the dentist's office today. :grouchy:

Phil - can you at least darken the lines between posts? It all just runs together and makes things more difficult to read. :attitude:

How about improving the cards section, the episode guides, the other website content or something, anything else aside from what's already been working? This appears to me like Muppet Central's attempt to compete with Facebook and to have the members spend more time here than there.

We'll see on day number three...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like it did work to some extent. Three duplicate messages were posted from you fyi.

We'll do everything possible to help you access the forum with WebTV. I'll write more in response to your e-mail.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I think its a little bit getting used to a new haircut or housepaint though
Nope. If you get a really bad haircut, you can either (a) cut it further to try to salvage it (b) wear a wig (c) wait for it to grow out and if you get a bad housepaint, you can paint over it with a new color.

But here, we can't do anything but hope pray and wish that this sucky yuchy leaves-out-webtvers-and-who-knows-what-other-rubber-duckies forum gets returned to sender and switches back to the lovely dearly missed please please please WE WANT IT BACK YESTERDAY forum.

dwmckim

Reaction score
It looks like it did work to some extent.
I finally (after FOUR HOURS and one major nervous breakdown) found a proxy that at least gets me able to post (and it's a ROYAL RIDICULOUS AND TOTALLY UNNESSESSAIRY PAIN IN THE NECK TO DO SO)...and that's only because i know a lot about webtv proxies and spent HOURS trying other stuff that didn't work...any other webtv'er (and who knows who else) certainly won't be as lucky. Even though i found a way to post, everything looks totally messed up. Son, you bought yourself some snake oil and we're all paying the price. What animal do i have to sacrifice to trade this disaster in for the FULLY FUNCTIONAL AND EASILY USABLE BY ALL old forum? (I'll even endure listening to Whiny Houston music for hours...TECHNO REMIXES of it for that matter...to get this reversed!)