Sesame Street Season 42 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I've noticed Frank has performed Grover in most of those, though there are exceptions. In the Muppet Voice Comparison video, they showed one with Eric as Grover who's the waiter for Mr. Johnson. Plus I think Eric voiced him last season when he did the letter G and letter V games, but correct me if I'm wrong on that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I didn't see it mentioned in this thread, but in the last two weeks the people at Tough Pigs visited the set and did some interviews. It was reported that there will be an episode focusing on Ernie and Bert, which'll also feature Susan, Gordon, Maria, Luis, and Oscar (and no sign of Elmo as far as I know... Kevin Clash wasn't interviewed in any of the videos posted at Tough Pigs... Then again, Caroll Spinney wasn't interviewed, either).

The episode involves Ernie and Bert's apartment getting flooded so they have to sleep in Susan and Gordon's apartment. I wonder if it'll be multi-part (I have never known any Sesame Street episodes to take place over the course of multiple days, and I can see this plot needing to show the following morning). Supposedly there'll be a scene where Oscar scuba dives in the basement. It's too bad Sesame Street can't freely use Kermit anymore, because I feel this episode is begging for Kermit (I don't know if the basement gets flooded because of a flood, but that would call for a news report... And Steve Whitmire is obviously on set).

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I didn't see it mentioned in this thread, but in the last two weeks the people at Tough Pigs visited the set and did some interviews. It was reported that there will be an episode focusing on Ernie and Bert, which'll also feature Susan, Gordon, Maria, Luis, and Oscar (and no sign of Elmo as far as I know... Kevin Clash wasn't interviewed in any of the videos posted at Tough Pigs... Then again, Caroll Spinney wasn't interviewed, either).

The episode involves Ernie and Bert's apartment getting flooded so they have to sleep in Susan and Gordon's apartment. I wonder if it'll be multi-part (I have never known any Sesame Street episodes to take place over the course of multiple days, and I can see this plot needing to show the following morning). Supposedly there'll be a scene where Oscar scuba dives in the basement. It's too bad Sesame Street can't freely use Kermit anymore, because I feel this episode is begging for Kermit (I don't know if the basement gets flooded because of a flood, but that would call for a news report... And Steve Whitmire is obviously on set).
Yes I'm looking forward to this one I think it will really be great to see Ernie and Berty on the Street again. I'm hopeing that it will happen more. I'm also very happy to see that Frank is still got it when it comes to Grover. It really looked to me from the clip that it was just Frank and Jerry just haveing some fun like the old days.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I watched the videos on toughpigs, I was in stitches with the interview of Abby/Rosita. I would love it if they were to draw a storyline out across multiple episodes, it brings to mind things like worms in space, where a meta-arc covered multiple episodes. This I think would also make for a nice stylistic change from the current short/sharp/sweet street stories.
Spidermonster was pure gold. A comment can't do it justice. I am a massive fan of Grover/Mr. Johnson and I cannot begin to explain how excited I am to see how it all plays out in the coming season.:super:

InvaderZim

Reaction score
Last season, there weren't any new EW episodes made. I wonder if there will be any new ones for this or next season.

InvaderZim

Reaction score
SpiderMonster, the Musical-wow, now that's a Grover/Mr Johnson segment to look forward to seeing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Last season, there weren't any new EW episodes made. I wonder if there will be any new ones for this or next season.
I just don't see why they HAVE to have to blow 15 minutes on Elmo's World when they don't even have any new ones anymore. I know that they SAY that kids go nuts when it isn't there and all... but why not just replace it with 15 minutes of OTHER Elmo stuff? I mean, EW is by far the weakest part of the show, the writers try to shove as many references for the adults as possible, but it's still a 15 minute waste of time and space.

Sigh... Elmo's Backyard would fit beautifully there.

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
Spidermonster was great (an extra treat that Frank is performing Grover)! My niece is a Spiderman fan.

The video link that I posted didn't show up, but it's a wonderful interview with three current muppeteers - Steve Whitmire, Matt Vogel & Eric Jacobson (don't expect any secrets from the upcoming Muppet movie to be revealed or the upcoming season of Sesame Street as well). It's 14 minutes long but well worth watching.

http://www.toughpigs.com/live-from-sesame-street-part-3/

minor muppetz

Reaction score
For a while, he was only performing Bert for new Ernie and Bert bits, but once they ressurected the old Grover/Mr. Johnson routine, he started doing Grover again for those bits only.
Wait, when's the last time he performed Bert (or Cookie Monster, for that matter)? I've seen a quote from the Jim Henson era where Frank said he wouldn't want to perform Bert to anyone else's Ernie... Considering that I'd expect Bert to be performed by Eric more these days.

I wonder if anybody has compiled any lists of all seasons where Frank Oz DIDN'T perform in new material. I don't think he performed in seasons 36 or 41. Of course if it happens there were any seasons in the 1980s and 1990s where Frank didn't perform it would probably be more difficult for us to determine.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wait, when's the last time he performed Bert (or Cookie Monster, for that matter)? I've seen a quote from the Jim Henson era where Frank said he wouldn't want to perform Bert to anyone else's Ernie... Considering that I'd expect Bert to be performed by Eric more these days.
I think that quote is an urban legend, because Steve Whitmire's been asked about that, and he said he was aware that it went around, but he couldn't state for sure whether or not it was true or not.

But throughout the 2000s, Frank did perform Bert on a few occasions, and even rarer he performed Cookie Monster in the early 2000s, seems like the last bits he ever did Cookie were a few of the new Letter of the Day segments. Even SOME Global Grover segments he did, but as that decade wore on, he was pretty much doing Bert exclusively, but again, once Grover/Mr. Johnson was brought back, then he started doing Grover again as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.