"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i feel like we are making a mountain out of an ant hill with this fart shoes joke....for all we know it could just be in fast in the actual film as it is in the trailer a quick 5 second joke and on to the next part...remember we aren't the only ones this movie is for

and i mean is it really so awful that we are going to let it ruin this film for us

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Just seen this trailer, and now more than ever I'm over-joyed and so excited! So many more characters we hadn't seen yet in previous promotions, finally have their presence in this film confirmed (Rizzo, Pepe, Bobo, Robin, a Rabbit, etc).

And I would be slightly remiss if I didn't mention that the last two shots with Scooter surrounded by a plethora of Muppet characters, rocking out to "We Built This City", just warms my nerdy heart :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought the trailer was amazing. :3 For those concerned about the fart gag, I doubt it'll really be in the movie. Most trailers for family movies (especially those made by Dreamworks and now Disney) are known for being a lot sillier than the films actually are. Case in point, Megamind and Tangled's trailers were almost nothing like their respective movies which imo, were great.
Megamind's trailer threw in a fart that WASN'T EVEN in the final product. I was so disappointed they had one in there and when I saw the film and realized it was a cheap trick for the trailer only, I was SOOOO relieved.
i feel like we are making a mountain out of an ant hill with this fart shoes joke....for all we know it could just be in fast in the actual film as it is in the trailer a quick 5 second joke and on to the next part...remember we aren't the only ones this movie is for

and i mean is it really so awful that we are going to let it ruin this film for us
Now, I have to be nitpicky about this but, I'd feel a LOT more comfortable if Fozzie said "Whoopie shoes" instead... and I agree that we're basically working ourselves up for a short gag that probably will work in context of the film. I'm a little more annoyed they used "Say Hello to my Little Friend" but again, at least with the Chef saying it they managed to get it to work better.

I'm still excited, I still think it's gonna be great, and at least it's not going to star a pop star that can't act. But I do say the trailer could have been better. The actual movie footage they used in the parody trailers actually seemed stronger than any 5 second throwaway gag.

puppets_etc

Reaction score
I've gotten my grandsons hooked on the Muppets now! 7 & 3, both boys love to watch the first three seasons of the show and all the movies.

I'm so proud! *sniff*. I told them I'd take them to see this at the theater :smile:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
It seems human nature these days to judge an entire movie from a 30 sec-2 min trailer, and really wish people wouldnt do that...im not saying you arnt entitled to your opinion, but at least give the Movie a chance...the muppets are back on the big screen ..if you see it and dont like it after thats fine...but to write it off from one small joke from the struggling in comedian bear we all know and love is a bit much

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, we kinda ARE the primary ones the movie was made for, Muppet fans. But yeah, kid's movies and all.

I'd be a liot more ticked off if the fart was an ACTUAL fart. I distinctly rememger Fozzie playing with Whoopie cushions... was it on The Muppet show or Muppet Babies. I KNOW about rubber chickens.

Plus, Let's not forget this guy! And he was used in the tribute.

Again, shoulda said Whoopie Shoes... all I'm saying.

If any of the Muppets actually DID fart, I'd leave. And I've been nothing BUT positive about this film.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It seems human nature these days to judge an entire movie from a 30 sec-2 min trailer, and really wish people wouldnt do that...
I know you're right, trailers often stick in the jokes that have the most cheap laugh value and may have nothing to do with the actual film.

I guess I've just been burned too often by the other films and I'm very nervous about this one. I guess when the movie comes out I'll just have to do my research and check the audience reviews on IMDB etc. :wink:

I'll give the movie a chance, but this is still just embarrassing to even talk about, heh.