"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
its not that your opinion doesnt matter, because it most certainly does,,,and i never want to be one to tell people they cant express themselves in anyway possible and i totally give you every right to not like the movie once it comes out, or even say this particular trailer doesnt do it for you....but atleast give it a chance before you write it off...it seems like your looking for every negative section to point out and say not even the slighest nice thing even if its just...kermits a nice shade of green.
I have said nice things about the trailers but I can understand why you might not have noticed them. Compliments aren't really as noticeable as negative comments.

I have said I would give it a chance. That doesn't mean I can only say totally positive things.

And this thread should be about the trailer, not whose opinion is not fitting with others. No offence to you, I like what you've had to say. I just want to move on. :smile:

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Notice they flipped my idea that I posted on the forum here in 2009. We get Kermit as the failed Hollywood star and Piggy as the success. Even a shot of Kermit's (Sunset Blvdish) run down mansion gates which is the movie I mentioned they should parody from. Disney owes me at least 200 grand.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Somebody mentioned Lips being rebuilt. He was rebuilt a few years ago for the Christmas at Rockfellar Center appearance. Though in the trailer he looks more like the original puppet. I'm glad that they rebuilt Lips for this, even though they didn't need to. Unless the puppet in the Rockfellar appearance was actually the old puppet, looking different due to being worn out.

Why do I get the feeling that the Moopets will have some sort of villian role? I did notice a scene with what looked like a Fozzie counterpart, even though Fozzie joined the Moopets. Unless it was him in disguise.

I wonder if this will have a mix of music numbers and pop songs in the soundtrack (You get What You Give, We Built This City). Then again, the Muppets from Space trailer briefly included Rescue Me, which wasn't featured in the finished film.

I like Mary's "This is going to be a short movie" line. Like a reverse of "This is going to be a long movie". I guess the two were watching a movie in that scene... I wonder if it was a ficticious non-Muppet film, or if maybe they were watchign Muppets from Space (or Kermit's Swamp Years).

And I thought the fart shoes were funny. As long as that's the only bathroom humor in the movie.

And with all the known celebrity cameos, I am pleased to see that hardly any of them are in the trailer.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i will say Gary/Segals throw of Walter "over" the fence is just awful....guy needs more practice

TSSD

Reaction score
I guess the two were watching a movie in that scene... I wonder if it was a ficticious non-Muppet film, or if maybe they were watchign Muppets from Space (or Kermit's Swamp Years).
I personally think that Kermit just turned down the idea for the telethon, and this is a breaking of the 4th wall.

Slackbot

Reaction score
A random thought: unless I've missed something, we haven't seen The Moopets' version of Gonzo. It would make me very happy to see Trevor the Gross in that role. And it would also amuse me to no end to find out that the Miss Piggy analogue was a female impersonator. Sow impersonator? Drag boar, whatever.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
And it would also amuse me to no end to find out that the Miss Piggy analogue was a female impersonator. Sow impersonator? Drag boar, whatever.
you know i have a theory about this if only cause in the trail "she" sounds maleish...its almost the same voice Victor Yerrid would use in greg the bunny when he played female chars

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
And with all the known celebrity cameos, I am pleased to see that hardly any of them are in the trailer.
Same here. Before I first watched the trailer, I was expecting (and somewhat dreading) a big amount of cameos to show up in this too, but I was happy to see it being replete with Muppets for a change. For me personally, I'd had enough of the latest news on the movie constantly being the latest cameo announcement, regardless of whether I liked the person or not. I know at the end of the day, it all helps promote the movie and what-not but I just started to get tired of it. So these trailers have been like a breath of fresh air and this latest one is definetly the best of the bunch so far, IMO.

BTW, could someone enlighten me on "The Moopets"? It's the first I've heard of it. Is it some sort of plot info on the movie that's been discovered? Like Doppleganger versions of The Muppets? 'Cause I assumed that that certain shot of Fozzie, Rowlf, Janice and someone else in the trailer was just them in disguise. I've seen that Fozzie puppet in a Behind the scenes pic months ago too. But again, I just assumed it would be him in disguise.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I personally think that Kermit just turned down the idea for the telethon, and this is a breaking of the 4th wall.
Maybe she says that as a way to persuade Kermit into saying "Yes" to doing the telethon, similar to the frog's attempts to get Mr. Tarkanian to let him, Fozzie and Gonzo go to England to interview Lady Holiday and catch the jewel thieves. :smile:

After all, if Kermit said "No", the movie would really end up being a short one indeed and the Muppets would never get back together. :frown: