FanFiction: Our Sweet Sound

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Glomps boppity. Absolutely love how this is coming along with introducing everything and everyone. Please, post more when you can.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
*"Awwww"s at the cuteness* That was so cute!

*hugs Boppity and the chapter* More? O_O

Boppity

Reaction score
Yay glomps and hugs and...blinks! XDD Thank you all~ I'm happy to know that it is being liked!

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Yes, you are!

((Note: I'm on the Internet from my Papa's house, and I'm away from my actual laptop at the moment. Other than this, I have very LIMITED Internet acess. Don't worry, I'll actually be back Friday evening!))

Boppity

Reaction score
-inhales-
...<.<
-coughs-
...>.>
-hacks and wheezes violently-
^-^

So, er. Not dead. Nope.
v_v I feel bad for letting this story sink away...but I'm nowhere near finished with it, I've got a lot of stuff I still want to tell.

I'm hoping to start posting more regularly again(haha that sounds familiar). I hope that you all like what I have in store!

-vanishes with a puff of smoke and a shot of coffee-

Boppity

Reaction score
Hey, I wasn't lying! XD

---
Chapter 12
---
As the days passed and the air got even more crisp, Christmas just around the corner, the Electric Mayhem, along with the ever-increasing cast and crew of The Muppet Show, found themselves working harder and with more determination. Every day there was something to be done - rehearsals, choreography, pitching ideas to those in charge, fixing, breaking, time wasting…and so on and so forth. Each day, the band would gather at the apartment at nine in the morning and head out to the theater to do whatever task they were given for that day. Most nights, they didn’t return home until past ten, which left little time for personal jamming. While the show, whenever filming began, would bring the satisfaction of playing before people, even if it was just cameramen, it still left the group a tad down, knowing that time that could be spent playing in the small clubs that begged them back would now be devoted to the show.

Still, they knew that this show really was the best thing they could be doing. Each day there was always someone new to meet, and these people, all these Muppets Kermit and his friends had brought in, they were all their type of people. Even Sam, who could do nothing but stare in horror, beak agape, as the band played the song they wanted to do on the pilot, had become one of their friends.

As the days passed and Christmas drew closer, the Electric Mayhem found their family.

--

Floyd woke up at some terribly early hour, most likely three, to a knocking on his door. He heard Animal raising himself up from his bed, but the loud clanking of chains signaled his hasty return to sleep. Floyd grumbled and got up from his old mattress, already dressed, and grabbed his coat. Only Dr. Teeth would be knocking on his door at this hour.

“Hey, man.” The pianist greeted Floyd happily as he slipped out the door, as if it was a perfectly reasonable hour.

“H’m’n.” Floyd muttered.

“Have you ever been witness to such a beautiful night?” Dr. Teeth asked conversationally as he led the way out of Floyd’s complex, giving a friendly nod to the gargantuan man at the front desk.

“What are we doing?” Floyd muttered, wrapping his coat tight around him. “I was actually dreaming in more than three colors.”

“How much do you currently expend for that apartment?” Dr. Teeth asked as he began to walk down the deserted street.

“I dunno, man, like twenty dollars a month? It’s a good deal.” Floyd shrugged.

“Because of the mold fumes?”

“I don’t question these things.”

“Merry Christmas, Floyd!” Dr. Teeth exclaimed. Floyd nearly missed catching the key that was thrown in his direction. “We need the band altogether!”

“Man, I can’t do that!” Floyd exclaimed.

“You can and you will! Zoot’s room is empty now, so there’s no inconvenience - as long as you pay rent!” Dr. Teeth laughed. “Plus, if you two stay there any longer you’ll most likely die from the fumes, and there’s no way we could replace you guys!”

Floyd laughed along with his band mate. “Guess we’ll pack up later today, then!” He said. “Are we almost wherever we’re going?”

“Yep!” Dr. Teeth led him to a large fenced area. He pushed open the gate and Floyd found himself inhaling more pine than he would have liked. “As the newest resident of the Mayhem apartments, you have been given the honor of picking out our Christmas tree.”

“At three in the morning?”

“Plot device.”

-

Janice woke up later than usual that day. Even though she had gotten more sleep than usual, she felt more tired than usual. She was almost tempted to go back to sleep. Zoot was still sound asleep next to her, most of the blankets on his side. Janice stared at his sleeping face for a minute before joining him under the covers, laying her head on his chest.

“Nn?” He groaned, turning his head to the window and noticing it was daylight yet again. “Hey.”

“Merry Christmas eve.” Janice said sleepily.

“You too, babe.” He said. “It’s later than usual.”

“Like, this is the first time in a while we haven’t had to be anywhere in the morning.” Janice mused. “But we’re meeting Floyd and Animal later, right?”

“Not until later.” Zoot shrugged, falling back into sleep. Janice found strength to roll herself out of the bed and put on some warmer clothes. Pulling on an old knit hat, she left the room quietly.

“Merry Christmas eve, girlie!” Floyd set off a popper a foot above her head, causing her to stumble backwards. When she regained her balance, Janice saw that a fully decorated Christmas tree had appeared in their living room. Floyd stood before her, holding a bag of poppers, his lips on the verge of an apology. Janice waved it off and smiled, brushing the confetti from her hat.

“Man, those things say ‘Do not aim towards face’ in big letters!” Dr. Teeth said. The pianist was sitting on the couch, watching an old Christmas cartoon along with Animal, whose large, fuzzy Santa hat was blocking most of the television.

“Like, when did we get a tree?” Janice asked, approaching the aforementioned tree to glance at the ornaments she didn’t know they had. Floyd followed her and brushed off the confetti that had traveled to her hair.

“Dr. Teeth dragged me out at some ungodly hour.” Floyd said. “And it looks like me and Animal are going to be staying here now!”

“That’s rully great!” Janice exclaimed, giving him a hug. Sandalwood today, Floyd noticed.

The phone rang just then and Janice used the opportunity to escape the bassist’s hug (which had once been her own). Crossing the room quickly, she picked up on the third ring.

“Hello?”

“This isn’t Dr. Teeth!” An accusing voice exclaimed. The voice was definitely familiar.

“Like, this is Janice, who is this?”

“You didn’t tell me Janice was living there!” The voice shouted, but not at her. She could hear a voice in the background. “Oh, Janice, dear, moi is sorry about that!”

“Like, hey, Miss Piggy! It’s good to hear from you, we didn’t see you at the auditions.” Janice said happily.

“Aw, man…” Floyd grumbled from one of the big chairs, slightly sulking from the look Dr. Teeth had given him.

“Oh, we must catch up some time, yes? But that’s not why I’m calling - Kermie said he wanted to see Dr. Teeth for lunch today before our show meeting, and he invited the rest of you with.” Someone behind Piggy said something. “I can call you whatever I want, frog!” Piggy growled.

“Like, Kermit wants to have lunch with us!” Janice relayed to the three. To Dr. Teeth she added, “Mostly you.”

“Tell him I’ll be there!” Teeth said with a nod.

“Me ‘n Animal gotta get the rest of our stuff, man.” Floyd interjected.

“And I’ll make Zoot help, so that leaves the two of us.” Teeth finished.

“Me and Dr. Teeth are coming!” Janice told Miss Piggy.

“That is wonderful! Me and Kermie will be at…yes, of course I’m coming, Kermit…We will be at Henson’s at five ‘till noon. I cannot wait to see vous again!” Miss Piggy hung up before Janice could even say goodbye.

Dr. Teeth decided to take the van to Henson’s, more so for the van’s safety then the distance. He didn’t quite trust Floyd’s driving just yet and Zoot was never quite awake enough for longer trips. They had also recently done a bit more artwork on the outside, the outlines of flowers and music notes were beginning to take shape and inside it was beginning to look more lived in, with things now hanging from the ceiling.

The ten minute drive was made more pleasant by Janice’s guitar. The blonde sat in the hammock in the back of the bus, playing a light, airy tune.

“You’re getting to good for us, girl!” Dr. Teeth laughed. “We might have to kick you out of the band ’cause we can’t keep up with you!”

“Like, should I play more like this?” She untuned a few of her strings and began to play again.

“That’s it!” He exclaimed. “Now just get your E string a bit more out of tune…actually, you can just take it out…and you’ll be back on our level.”

Janice laughed her way up the aisle and sat in the seat across from the band leader, retuning her guitar.

“So how’s Zoot?” Dr. Teeth asked conversationally.

“You saw him this morning.” The blonde said.

“Not the point at all.” He said. “Just making sure you two lovebirds are still okay.”

“Yeah, rully good!” She said. There was a pause.

“I’ll just come out and say,” Dr. Teeth started with a slight sigh, “you looked a little unsettled around Floyd this morning.”

“Oh, like…” She stopped. She didn’t have a good answer. Janice thought back a few hours, something was a bit different. It did make her feel a bit uncomfortable.

“You can tell him no.” Teeth said.

“I know, but-”

“If you don’t like something he’s doing it’s not fair to you to put up with it just so his feelings won’t get hurt.”

“Like-”

“But if it’s that you like him too, then it’s not fair to Zoot to-”

“I don’t!” Janice exclaimed. “I don’t. I rully love Zoot, I only want Zoot.”

“I know, I’m sorry.” He touched her shoulder lightly. “You just strike me as the type who hasn’t had much experience in the matter.”

“Like, Dr. Teeth…”

“Janice.” The blonde gave him a look. Dr. Teeth pulled into the half-full parking lot of Henson’s and turned off the engine, ignoring the loud noise it made in protest. I‘m sorry, girl.” He said as he got up from his seat and gave her a hug. Janice leaned into his embrace and gave him another look - an “everything’s fine” look - before getting up out of her seat and leading the way into the restaurant.

“Res’vations?” A gruff host at the desk asked.

“Yeah, is there a frog and a pig here? We’re dining with them.” Dr. Teeth told him. Any glimpse of friendliness the host might have had before was now lost.

“This way.” He said after a pause, slicking back his dark hair. He led the two through a cluster of tables to a room in the back with fewer tables, only one occupied.

“Oh, good.” Kermit said, his gaze leaving the pig’s eyes and meeting those of his friends.

“Hey Green Stuff…Miss Piggy.” Dr. Teeth greeted them. Over the course of their trip together, Dr. Teeth hadn’t found a suitable name other than her own to call Miss Piggy without her being offended. Or without lying. The two sat down across from the others just as a waiter entered with a basket of bread.

“Sorry to interrupt you two.” Dr. Teeth smiled across the table.

“No, we-” Kermit started in vain.

“That’s alright, Dr. Teeth.” Miss Piggy said in a sickeningly sweet tone.

“So, like, what did you want to talk to us about?” Janice asked.

“Well first, I just wanted to see you guys, it’s been a while since we really got to talk, outside of the theater anyways.” Kermit said. “And also, we’re almost all set up to start taping the pilot next week!” Kermit said happily as he took a piece of bread. “But I already know that there’s something not quote right with it. I was kind of hoping you would have some feedback…”

“Moi has suggested that Kermit should be the Master of Ceremonies.” Piggy added as she added a generous amount of butter to her bread.

“Pig’s got a good idea there.” The pianist nodded.

“Yeah, well, I don’t know if I could handle managing -and- hosting the show.” The frog said.

“’Course you could!” Dr. Teeth exclaimed. “If anyone could, you could!”

“Fer sure!”

“Well…” Kermit’s defenses were giving way. “We already have the pilot cast…”

“There is always room for another pilot, Kermie.” The pig pointed out.

“Another pilot? We don’t have that kind of money, what with the renovations of the theater going on…” Kermit sighed. “We have to go straight to a format and stick with it.”

“Like, you could always just shoot another episode in a different format and hope it works.” Janice suggested.

“That sounds…doable. Maybe.” Kermit said. “I will consider that.”

“And in my humble opinion,” Dr. Teeth said. “You shouldn’t have to worry about funds for renovation. I think if we’re doing a show, we should do a show. Old school.”

“Old school?” Kermit asked.

“You got a theater - why not do a live show?”

“And moi could be the star!” Piggy exclaimed, her eyes getting starry.

“Like, then you won’t have to pay for getting it all torn out - just get a newer red curtain!” Janice said happily, excited about the idea.

“Oh!” Piggy imagined it. “Moi strutting out from behind a red curtain, wearing a sparkling gown of silver…”

“A cheap red curtain.” Dr. Teeth added. “Our band isn’t exactly high-class-red-curtain material, here. More like…tartan.”

“It’ll need to be cheap…” Kermit muttered. He was concerned about the cost of Piggy’s dream dress.

“…Like a Russian winter…” Piggy went on, the fantasies in her head running wild. “No-no!” Her eyes grew wide and she stared at the frog. “A Russian winter wedding scene!”

“Oh, that’s beautiful!” Janice sighed.

“Janice, have you ever thought about what kind of wedding vous would want?”

“Oh well…like, something outside in the summer, with a lot of flowers-”

“Oh yes, summer weddings are very nice too…” Miss Piggy agreed. “Wearing a light dress and birds singing overhead-”

“A beach!” Janice exclaimed. “Like, getting married in the waves-”

“But seagulls aren’t very attractive.” The pig pointed out.

“I’m not marrying the seagulls…” Janice interjected.

“Um, girls?” Kermit spoke up. “Lunch. Meeting. Show. We have to all be at the theater by five.”

“Oh?” Miss Piggy stared for a moment, “Oh! Yes! We’re sorry, Kermie…”

“Sorry.” Janice nodded.

The four sat in silence for a moment, eating what was left of the bread.

“You get nice colors in a fall wedding.” Dr. Teeth added quietly.

fictionalnice

Reaction score
Sweet! I just read some today and i love it! Your great! the characters are in character, the plot is good, I just love it! :halo: