The possibility of other Muppet Stuff airing on the Hub

muppet boy

Reaction score
Hey all!

Long time no see. Anyways, with the muppets regaining their popularity and with so many muppet/henson programs being showed on the Hub and a few other channels, I was wondering what the possibility of seeing other muppet movies, specials, and series on tv in the near furture.

I for one can so totally see the Muppet Babies, A Muppret Family Chirstmas, The Muppet Movie...and even the Muppet Show airing on the Hub. I can also kinda see them airing on the Disney Channel and ABC Family.

I was wondering what you guys might think on this subject. Do you think we will get to see more Muppet Programing return to television?

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
I hope they air more muppet movies/t.v. specials! So far I've seen The Great Muppet Caper, and Muppet Treasure Island-on the Hub. I would love to see them air, The Muppet Movie. I think as the new movie approaches, Disney may air more muppet stuff too.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i think it all depends on disney if they and hasbro deicde to make a deal on who sells Muppet Merchandise if the Muppets will become a regular thing on the Hub

remember Fraggle Rock is Henson
and Movie air rights can be purchased seperate from studios so no one channel has exclusive rights

muppet boy

Reaction score
In all honesty. I think the Hub is a good place for the muppets. In therory, the could air the Muppet Babies in their preschool time frame (forgot what it is called).

As for movies and specials, I can see A Muppet Family Chirtmas airing on the Hub as part of their seasonal programming. I mean come on It would fit into airings of fraggle rock perfectly.(Hopefully they would air it as unedited as possible.)

The Muppet Movie is just a given. They have aired all of the other muppet movies (granted edited) on the Hub.

As specials and series. I can see The Frog Prince, Hey Cinderlla and others possibly being on the Hub.

It's a shame no channels have considered airing The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson or The Muppets at Walt Disney World...but then again, I can see where they would't. Even though those are wonderful specials, they are extremely dated in a sense.

Muppetfan2011

Reaction score
You guys are right! the more muppets the better

the storm is right, should it be snowing??

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
In all honesty. I think the Hub is a good place for the muppets. In therory, the could air the Muppet Babies in their preschool time frame (forgot what it is called).

As for movies and specials, I can see A Muppet Family Chirtmas airing on the Hub as part of their seasonal programming. I mean come on It would fit into airings of fraggle rock perfectly.(Hopefully they would air it as unedited as possible.)

The Muppet Movie is just a given. They have aired all of the other muppet movies (granted edited) on the Hub.

As specials and series. I can see The Frog Prince, Hey Cinderlla and others possibly being on the Hub.

It's a shame no channels have considered airing The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson or The Muppets at Walt Disney World...but then again, I can see where they would't. Even though those are wonderful specials, they are extremely dated in a sense.
I don't understand why Disney does not release the Muppets at Walt Disney World, because it's a perfect advertisment for the park. Granted, many rides have been taken down since 1990, but it would still make a great DVD.

12Medbe

Reaction score
I don't understand why Disney does not release the Muppets at Walt Disney World, because it's a perfect advertisment for the park. Granted, many rides have been taken down since 1990, but it would still make a great DVD.
That and Disney should somehow correct the music rights issue and re-release an uncut version of "Muppet Family Christmas" on DVD.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Yes, by the way I have the 1997 VHS, so what besides the Muppet Babies singing Santa Claus is Coming to Town was cut on my copy?

12Medbe

Reaction score
Yes, by the way I have the 1997 VHS, so what besides the Muppet Babies singing Santa Claus is Coming to Town was cut on my copy?
The Stocking and lighting the tree scenes, Not too sure what else was cut, but I do know, well, alot of us know what was cut from the movie when it debuted to DVD (region 1)

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Oh I wish I could have seen those scenes, because they sound nice. Oh well it's still a fun special and part of my Christmas viewing.