Kermit the Frog Voice TIps

gojira54rules

Reaction score
Hey, gojira54rules here. Now that I'm finished with Kermit, I have plans to do future skits with him. The most common skits I plan to do will be with my friend Dylan for our church. :smile: The only problem I have is that my Kermit impression sounds close, but I still don't sound like him. :concern: I feel that I have his pitch down and his common hums and expressions he makes with his voice.

Is there any chance that anybody on the forum here can give me some tips or ideas on how to improve it? I plan to load a recording, but not on my Youtube! (Mostly because of disrespectful people :mad: )

Thank You.

callmemilo

Reaction score
For my money, I'd say the pitch you reached at the start of "attempt 4" is the closest to Kermit's ambient voice, of the ones you've done so far. Maybe try looking at more reference footage, play back a small section and note exactly how Jim pronounces certain words, and how muted he sounds, whilst retaining that sober and collected tone.

I've been practising my impression by singing some of Kermit's best songs, like Rainbow Connection and Movin' Right Along. When you have to sing as Kermit, you notice the flavour added to certain words, and the overall tone.

And remember that Kermit's pitch also changes depending on his mood etc. When he's excited or frustrated, his voice gets slightly higher and less composed.

Studmeister17

Reaction score
Okay here is a video showing some of my voice tests. I have a lot more recordings, but I'm only showing some that have different pitches. And yes I know my impression stinks.....:embarrassed:

You need to do more than just make random noises, otherwise you'll never be able to pull your voice into the right pitch.
Try what Steve Whitmire does to get Kermit's voice. Kinda stretch the corners of your mouth out to the sides and frown a little - that's how Steve said Jim did Kermit.
I think one of your main problems (like most Kermit "impressions") is that you're trying to make it too rubbery. You're putting it too far back in your throat.

Hope that helps.

ElectricMayhem1

Reaction score
you kinda sound like when Kermit's gets hit in the head and he doesn't remember his friends and he is talking exactly like that all mature