Hensonville City 2011

Katzi428

Reaction score
Earlier:
WOOHOO! :excited: Good job Grover! You got all 10 pins down!
Grover:Thank you.I think it was a lucky shot though.
OK Chef...go ahead.
Chef sending the ball down the alley and getting only 5 pins down: How der hey did thet happen?
Well,you can try again.
Chef sends the ball going and it gets the rest of the pins down: Okee..thet's bettur!
You're up Rosita.
Rosita:OK. picks up the ball and throws it it down the alley.It only hits 3 pins. Huh?? ¿Que pasa?
Sometimes I think these pins have minds of their own, Rosita. Try again.
Rosita sends the ball sailing after it comes back to her and it hits 6 pins. Eh...that's not so bad.
Prairie?
Prairie:Yep...I'm here..picking up her ball and sending it down the alley:8 pins down. But EEK! A SPLIT!
Just do your best, Prairie.It's not like you're bowling for money.
Prairie: True.sigh OK...here we go...throwing the ball down the alley and it misses both the pins. Darn it!
I know...I know...patting her shoulder. Robin...your turn.
Robin:Mm-hm...
Hold it..what are you eating?
Robin swallows : Hot dog *burp* 'scuse me.
You done chewing?
Robin:Yes.
Then go ahead, buddy.
Robin sends the ball gliding down the alley and hits 9 pins.
Ooh! Good one!
Robin tries to get the last one but misses Rats!!
You did fine anyway! Guess I'm up.I pick the ball up and stare at the pins.OK...let's see...good thing there are bumpers because if there weren't I'd be lost! So I let the ball go and it hits 6 pins. That's pretty good.I hear cheers of Chef and the others behind me.I turn around and bow.:smile: Now to get those other 4 pins down. I get the ball & send it on its' way. It looks like it's going to hit the 4 remaining pins . But alas it hits only 2. Ah well.
Robin hugging me :Great job Mom!
At the end of the 2 games it's Chef 99/94 Me 94/92 Grover: 90/100 Prairie: 95/90 Rosita: 97/96 & Robin 89/88

Katzi428

Reaction score
knock on my door
Who is it?
Robin's voice :It's me,Mom...can I come in?
C'mon in.
Robin comes in and gives me a hug You okay?
hugging him back How did you know I needed a hug?
Robin: I can tell these things.
laughing a bit You sound like the kid in one of my favorite movies that's always on TV.
Robin:Back To You And Me,right?
Guess I've watched it too much,huh?
Robin:Well,if you like it, then it's fine.But really,are you okay?
I'll be all right,I guess. sigh
Robin: I could tell how mad you were this afternoon.
Robin....I know I'm not supposed to use the kind of language that I used this afternoon in front of you.So I'd appreciate it if you don't ever use it,all right? I didn't know you were there & I guess I slipped when I said a few things. I guess I wouldn't exactly make Human Mom Of The Year huh?:rolleyes:
Robin:Yes you would. Everyone gets mad.And don't worry. I won't repeat any of the bad words you said. You still would make Human Mom Of The Year.:wink:
Thanks Robin.You're one heck of a kid.kissing the top of his head I love ya!
Robin: Hey Mom? I heard that people are sending pink balloons up for that little girl Caylee. Could *we* do that too?
Robin The Frog...I am EXTREMELY proud of you! Of COURSE we can! We'll even write "JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE" on the back.
Robin:What's "justice"?
Making things right.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Got a question for you all.
Prairie: Hmmm?
Chef :Ja?
Robin: Yes,Mom?
Well would you mind terribly if the Scare Crew in Apartment 1 & we in Apartment 2 traded places as far as the Halloween Carnival & the Beach Party went? We'll have the Beach Party probably a week from Saturday.
Grover: Ooh..that sounds like fun!
Rosita : Si it does!
Excellent! Now the only thing I need to rent are a couple of beach tents and barbecue grills.:smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Beth: What kind of event should we do? I still can't decide
Red: Swimming, duh!
Cookie Monster: Cookie Bake!
Rowlf: Hensonville Idol?
Beth: Sigh. Back to the drawing board.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Hmm...hopefully it won't rain this weekend. Otherwise the whole beach party will be a washout.
Grover Did you have any trouble getting in touch with the people that supply the tents?
No,thank goodness. But Holy Crow...are they expensive! Good thing I didn't organize this beach party 2 weeks ago. Otherwise I would have had NO luck whatsoever since it was 4th of July weekend. Now...barbecue grills,check checking that off my list .And yes Chef, I'll help you barbecue.
Robin:Mom...I need a new swimsuit.
Didn't I just get you one?
Robin: There's a hole in it. showing me I didn't see it until now.
Hoo boy.:sigh: Okay...go get your sneakers on and we'll go get you a new one..
Grover: I will take him, Kathy. You finish planning the beach party.
Thank you Grover fishing some money and the receipt out of my wallet There's enough there for you guys for lunch at the Rock & Roll Deli. Robin...be good!
Robin:I will,Mom. kissing me Bye!
Now back to my list. I should have organized a rain date ,shouldn't I have,Chef?
Chef:Well... Maybe it woon't rain.
Yeah...true. Okay...now we'll need music.I was thinking I could sing...eyeing Chef who has his hands over his ears I'm KIDDING! We have the Muppet Beach Party CD. So we'll play that.And we'll play some other summer music on the radio.
Chef: Yu prumise yu woon't sing?
My singing is NOT that bad,you Swedish meatball!
Chef:HMPH! Says YU!
Well okay...maybe it's NOT the best in the world, but I USED to have a beautiful voice. So...we'll include a beach volleyball net jotting that down Everyone here is too big for pails and shovels. So that's out. Some rafts. jotting that down I guess that's it. I'll go food shopping with you later. I'll check with Ed and see if he approves with all that I have.

Lil0Vampy

Reaction score
Camilla: Bwauk bya-gauk gwauk. (What a nice day it is. :smile: )

Johnny: *fixing his hair in a mirror* You could say that...

Liza: *staggers in with a comically tall pile of books* Hey guys, I'm back from the library! :big_grin:

Johnny: Are all of those for you? o_o

Liza: Yup! ^-^

Gonzo: Don't you have anything better to do with your summer than stay inside and read?

Liza:....No. :frown:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Good :sigh:

The roster's been updated, we got new folks moving back in.
Finished adding the demons to the roster, still got another 188 open spots.
The fics are all getting updated, which makes me happy to keep reading.

*:batty: plays Eight Beautiful Notes on the organ.
Yep, life's going good for the time being.
*Sips on a tropical banana smoothy.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
The door to Apartment 5 opens and Kermit and Fozzie stumble into the already crowded room. The only parts of Kermit visible are his adorable little kneecaps--what? Adorable kneecaps? Piggy--get away from my laptop!
Ahem. The boxes go down, revealing rather dusty Fozzie and rather smudged and dirty Kermit.

Fozzie: This is great! I love being across from the common room! I'll have an audience any time I want one.
Kermit: (tactfully) Oh, er, right Fozzie. (Sniffing the air appreciately) Wow--what is that amazing smell?
(Piggy is sitting indolently at the kitchen counter reading a thick romance novel, one shapely leg tucked under her and the other swinging in its high-heeled pump.)
Piggy: Bonjour, Mon Capitan. Bonjour Fozzie. That wonderful smell is supper. We have been working hard to make something good to thank you for all your hard work moving everything in.
(Behind her, Ru smiles and waves, exchanging glances with Kermit.)
Kermit: (leaning in the doorway) Oh yeah? What are vous cooking, eh?
(Piggy shoots him a nasty look, but sees that he is just trying to get a rise out of her and promptly composes herself.)
Fozzie: (looking over Kermit's head) Is that--are those peach pies?
Ru: (beaming) Almost--peach crumbles.
Fozzie: (taking his hat off and putting it over his heart) I love you.
Ru: (laughing) Cupboard love, I'm afraid.
Kermit: (coming further into the kitchen, sniffing): That's not pie. I smell--onions?
Ru: Onions and yellow squash and green peppers and zucchini--I'm making goulash.
Kermit: (teasing) What--no tomatoes? Don't you usually put tomatoes in your goulash.
Ru: (to Piggy) It's official--I've spoiled them. (to Kermit) Sorry, sweetie--no tomatoes are ripe now.
Fozzie: (puzzled) There were some yesterday that were almost ripe.
Ru: (clearing throat) Um, Piggy and I had stuffed tomatoes for lunch. I'm making fried green tomatoes instead....
Kermit: (with mock grumpiness) Now I know why you sent us out with bag lunches.
Fozzie: They were delicious. Thank you.
Ru: (with a pointed look at Kermit) Why, thank you, Fozzie. How nice to see someone with manners.
Kermit: (grinning sheepishly) Sorry--tired and hot.
(Languidly, Piggy gets up from her chair, walks over to the fridge and returns with two enormous iced teas. She hands one to Fozzie, and then hands the other one to Kermit. Kermit is so shocked (Piggy? Waiting on them?) that he takes a drink without looking, then looks down at his tea in surprise.)
Kermit: Mint tea? With real mint leaves in it?
Ru: Yep. (Briskly) Finish your teas and get washed up for supper. The cornbread will be out in about ten minutes.
Fozzie: (reverently) Corn bread....
After the men have left, Piggy looks up from her romance novel.
Piggy: Somebody is glad to be back!
Ru: And how! Hey--Piggy, honey--go ask Ed if he and his roomies want to come down for dinner. We are having "ghoulash"....
Piggy: (snorting) You sound like Fozzie!
Fozzie: (from the bathroom) I heard that!
Ru: (laughing) Go! I cooked. You fetch.
Piggy: (grumbling) Next time, you should ask Foo Foo to move in....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wha-huh? Dinner invitation? From Aunt Ru?
UD: Yes... Now stop giving her the fifth degree and go wash up.
Me: She had me at cornbread. *Goes to the bat-room for some self-clensing.

UD: What to bring... Besides our manners and appetite.
:batty: How's about the pepper poppers?
Ud: They're not the Scotch bonnets are they?
:batty: No, just regular roasted reds.
Ud: Already stuffed?
:batty: With some of the humus sent over last night.
*The dragon nods his ascent in plating the peppers before wrapping them under a clear cover.

Me: Okay boys, ready to go?
*Both agree and we go upstairs to Apt. 5 with a flourish of low thunder off on the horizon.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Ru: (opening door) Yay! You came! Hi Countie! Hi Uncle Deadly!
Piggy: (taking the food) Yay! You brought food!
Fozzie: Smells delicious!
Kermit: Hi guys! Um, Piggy--why don't you move over here next to me to, um, make room for our guests?
Piggy: (smirking at Ru) He had me at "next to me."