Muppets, Muppets Everywhere (Interviews, News and Set Reports)

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey Guys, There has been a huge influx of set-reports and interviews online today, so I wanted to make a new thread that we can compress them all into. Most of the set reports have slightly different direct details from people who have visited, but the 'interviews' are all snippets from the fully transcribed (and audio) available at Collider.

the Collider site has the longest transcripts from Jason (here) audio here, Amy (here) audio here, Stoller (here) audio here, Bobin (here) audio here, set report here (slightly annoying set report actually...)

More of an overview here from MovieWeb (an interesting read.)

ComingSoon.net tells us more about The Moopets, Miss Poogy and who has a knife on set (it's Miss Poogy).

Mostly the same questions and answers with Amy, but in a different order here on SheKnows.

Fancy new high-res images including glowing-eyed Uncle Deadly here.

Feel free to post links to articles as you find them in this thread, and maybe we can keep the 'Headlines' section clear for any BIG news!

beaker

Reaction score
haha looks like it. and dood! I didnt even notice he had a kermit brush. WHY couldnt they have put that in the trailer?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I have a feeling that the Kermit brush is not even the geekiest thing in this movie! I can't WAIT to see how much merch and how many references that goofy Walter might have in his flat!

I also wonder if he knows the other Muppets by name...Beauregard, Wanda, Wayne, etc.

The weirdest thing of course is that he will have seen Uncle Deadly in TMS? Will he have seen any of the Muppet movies? Will he have seen Bobo? I just realized the timelines could get way confusing after this film...

On top of which this film itself is still a film. Sheesh...

beaker

Reaction score
Indeed beau...this is a very "meta-meta" film. My only real gripe is how saccarine and goofy some of the tone is with Jason and Amy...the first and third film were more or less set in the real world and felt believable. I worry this film may take on the tone of a goofy muppet special with too many wink and nods to the audience. If this film is to acknowledge everything the Muppets have done(ie: that the Muppets are actors as I've always seen them, and never believed any canon from any production) than they should try and have a more realistic approach.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Except that, kinda, for the Muppets...Goofy IS real life, that's what we should all aim for in our normal lives! Shake off some of this realistic annoying life stuff.

On the other hand, I've read in plenty of places that Jason takes Kermit to some pretty dark places in this film, so, realism?

Randall Flagg

Reaction score
That "Weekend At Kermie's" article is great. Very well-written and filled with good points. Thanks for posting.