Questions about Beetlejuice Characters

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Thought I'd post this to see if anyone out there's able to help.

Thanks to the BJ Wiki, I was able to find a greater wealth of the movie's characters than those strictly listed at its IMDB Full Cast and Crew page. And the Wiki actually had a whole bunch of characters found in the Waiting Room sequences I'd never known about. Out of them all, the following are the ones that I'm asking help with descript-wise cause I'm not rully visualizing them that clearly.
Ferndock, it says he's the one who died by choking.
Green Man.
Open Heart Surgery Patient.
Preacher, (not to be confused with the Neitherworld Minister who presides over Bj's and Lydia's wedding).

The info can be found at http://beetlejuice.wikia.com, not sure if they've got pics as well.
Hope to get some replies soon, thanks as always. :scary:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Green Man and Open Heart Surgery Patient can be seen briefly at the beginning(as extras) in the waiting room. The OHSP appears to be reading the Handbook For the Recently Deceased and the Green Man is just sitting in the room. Ferdock appears to have a chicken bone stuck in his throat(the bib he is wearing from the chicken restaurant is basically the only clue for this) & Ferndock is number 54,601,000 the receptionist calls for. From the picture of the Preacher, he looks like an extra in the waiting room also.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Deadly boo. *A bag of Goreo cookies if you get that reference.

Thanks Lady D, knew someone here among my expert forum friends would answer.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Got another doubt I need someone to clear for me...

First off, I have this memory of Barbara rolling her eyes back down into her head, then tearing it open showing pingpong eyeballs resting atop a snaking tongue; and Adam pocketing his glasses, grabbing at the back of his head and nose, and stretching it out to look something like a pterodactyl when Juno demands the Maitlands show her what they intend to do to scare off the Deetzes.

If so... How does Adam's form differ from the Gate Keeper from Nightmare Before Christmas?
And at what point in NBC does the Gate Keeper show up so I can try to find it on youtube?

Thanks, hope to get some replies soonish. :scary:

scottishpiggy

Reaction score
ok, im a huge tim burton fan and even I dunno who the gatekeeper is in NBC? or any reference to it either?
Thats the first time a burton question has confused me.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
ok, im a huge tim burton fan and even I dunno who the gatekeeper is in NBC? or any reference to it either?
Thats the first time a burton question has confused me.
Well, he only shows up for a few seconds and has no lines.

In one of the wide shots of the Halloween Town gate going up, you can see a creature leaning out of the little shack off to the side. That's him.

I'll have to get back to The Count on how he differs from Adam's 'creature' form, though.