The Doctor Who Thread

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I hope I'm not the only person that's ever felt sad because their TARDIS badge wouldn't fit through their ear piercing...

Heh, I'm a reasonable Whovian. Era, I do prefer pre-reboot, although I am quite a fan of Matt Smith. Companion is Captain Jack Harkness, tied with Sarah Jane and K9 though. Alien for me is most certainly the Ood. They're quite... ood.

scottishpiggy

Reaction score
thats the problem isnt it, the new doctor whos kinda stand aloneso its hard to compare. Although school reunion was good for that, with David tenant meeting sarah jane, and K9. Partly due to the fact that tennant was a doctor who fan, so that mustve blown his mind, you can see his glee in his acting. Well, at least until he married a doctor who daughter :crazy:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------------------------------
Yes, and the short special for "Children in Need" when Tennant's Doctor and Davison's Doctor met was terribly fun, and a good example of what can be done with the "more than one Doctor" theme. Now if someone could write a DECENT multiple Doctor storyline! Can you imagine all the newbies teamed with, say, Davison -- or Baker? He's bizarre enough he might actually do it. Hard to write one of those without getting cheesy though.

John Sim's master was...well...masterful! Reminded me a great deal of the original Roger Delgado character: sly, brilliant, more than a little insane. Now...resurrect Romana! Sure, she'd have stayed on Gallifrey, fought in the Time War, been killed along with the rest...unless someone else forced her into doing the "turning human" trick as the Doctor and the Master willingly did. A New Romana meeting the new Doctor, and perhaps having her memory jarred...wouldn't that be fun?
-------------------------------------

scottishpiggy

Reaction score
i did think for a while thats who River Song was going to be. To be honest Im far from convinced she is who she claims to be, so who knows. After all she had a sonic screwdriver and knows the doctors real name - I think what has been disclosed as her identity (dont wanna put spoilers in if you havent seen it) is actually going to turn out to be a red herring, because, the little girl in the space suit can regenerate. And only time lords do that.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
thats the problem isnt it, the new doctor whos kinda stand aloneso its hard to compare. Although school reunion was good for that, with David tenant meeting sarah jane, and K9. Partly due to the fact that tennant was a doctor who fan, so that mustve blown his mind, you can see his glee in his acting. Well, at least until he married a doctor who daughter :crazy:
Well, but if you count SJA, Eleven did meet with Sarah Jane (and Jo!) in 'Death of the Doctor' right? I still haven't seen that episode yet, as series 4 isn't on Netflix. :frown: Anyway, that episode shoulda brought him back to his classic roots (besides all the images of past incarnations we've seen since he's been the Doc.

Oh, and speaking of River, you guys know she's this years new series SDCC exclusive figure, right? She's packed-out with the Pandorica chair and base (compatible with the sides previously released with other figures). A new action figure of her has been a long time coming.

Now for the really BIG news!! The classic SDCC release is... LEELA!!! No images yet, but hopefully within the next couple of days. Leela is supposed to be readily available sometime after the con, this week is just first dibbs. I want her!!! :big_grin:

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
GAH! I've been snuck up on! :eek:

I just found out that the second half of series six premired on Saturday! Was that in the US? And, if so, did anybody know about it and/or catch it?

Beauregard

Reaction score
i did think for a while thats who River Song was going to be. To be honest Im far from convinced she is who she claims to be, so who knows. After all she had a sonic screwdriver and knows the doctors real name - I think what has been disclosed as her identity (dont wanna put spoilers in if you havent seen it) is actually going to turn out to be a red herring, because, the little girl in the space suit can regenerate. And only time lords do that.
The latest two episode (Series finale, and series opener) reveal all. I was hoping she'd turn out to be The Rani, but interestingly she's got a whole different arc. I do wonder, though, whether if she had not been a human actress who would obviously age, whether they'd have dragged her storyline out properly over many series, instead of pushing it all into one series.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
May I take that as a yes?

On the new episodes front, I both bless and curse OnDemand.

I bless it because I can't watch the episodes as they premiere, but I can at least catch them there. :excited:

I curse it because they pulled 'Let's Kill Hitler' from the menu before I got a chance to see it! :grouchy:

Watched 'Night Terrors', though. Freaked me out. And that's saying something. I don't scare easily. :eek:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------------------
Was that one of the eps writ by the same guy who wrote "Silence in the Library"?

I am sooo jealous. I have to wait and try to snag the box sets used. No cable and not enough $$ to buy 'em new.

------------------------------