NEW Muppet Poster

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah but this is 2011 Ameriduh. Where women can only be portrayed as skinny/slender(unless they are a cliched sassy black woman) Heck Im surprised they havent bulked up Kermits arms and chest, or insisted Justice Beaver be a part of the Muppet movie. Im sure there will be lots of obvious product placements for smart phones, social networking, etc.

scottishpiggy

Reaction score
wasnt there a time when Piggy was supposed to have lost weight, or am i imagining it? Im sure I saw a tv interview or something where it was joked about. But it couldve been a dream...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Heck Im surprised they havent bulked up Kermits arms and chest, or insisted Justice Beaver be a part of the Muppet movie.

I'm so glad that they didn't shove Justin in this film at all. Other than Disney putting 2 brief cameos of their "stars" which I still object too, seems the writers had the pull to get as many of their friends and big names possible to cameo in this one. Yeah, no Rob Schnider/Hulkmania/Dawson's Creak here...

terrimonster

Reaction score
At least they managed to keep scale to an extent... I'd hate to see any more Muppet photoshop compilations that look like the 40th anniversary book cover...

Ah yes! Good old 6 foot tall Cookie Monster and 6 inch tall Herry Monster. And Roosevelt Franklin's head is the size of Grover's nose.
I actually kind of like that. I grew up making collages, and it looks like a kid's collage. I'd rather see a photoshop collage - where depth and scale aren't supposed to matter - than a failed attempt at realism where the lack of depth and scale just reveal that it's shopped.

I don't hate the new poster, but it's too obviously photoshopped, and not particularly original or interesting.

Beauregard

Reaction score
There was another variant on the poster released by accident apparently which said "2011". Still, I like this wider version of it with Fozzie beside Janice, instead of above her, and Walter next to Kermit instead of crammed in above. Also, no stupid Bunny on those old dudes.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Just noticed the Feb 2011 poster above, so I guess they just changed the year, but also noticed they changed the website from the UK to the American site.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Saw this on ebay-it is like the poster above, but instead of saying "in cinemas soon", it now says "in cinemas February 2012".It is a US seller, so I am wondering if the date has moved forward as they have recently been doing some re shooting, or if the poster is for the UK?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Muppets-2012-Vi...355?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bcf6092b
That's still a UK poster. Note how it says "cinemas," which you hardly ever (read: never) see using to advertise films in the US. They must have just corrected their February 2011 error.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It has been confirmed the overseas date will be different than ours. The US film WILL still be released as planned, and reshoots were probably to get better angles.

BTW, saw the new US poster finally hitting the theaters today.

muppetperson

Reaction score
That's still a UK poster. Note how it says "cinemas," which you hardly ever (read: never) see using to advertise films in the US. They must have just corrected their February 2011 error.
I thought "cinemas" was the norm, but I guess from Drtooth's reply you refer to it as "theaters" in the States.