The Muppets sneak peek event in London UK

hoopless

Reaction score
Hi all,
I don't know if this has been noticed or mentioned anywhere, but there's a film festival type thing in London at the O2 on the weekend of August 12th-14th. It's called Empire Big Screen, and on the Sunday they have a session where you can watch a satellite interview with The Muppets and "see a sneak peek of the movie"

http://www.empirebigscreen.com/visiting/news/muppets-big-screen

it's open to the public and you can buy individual tickets for £12 just for this session if you don't want to get one of the more expensive tickets that allows access to multiple events. ticket link here:

http://www2.seetickets.com/bigscree...ultiid1bigscreen&type=Sessions&dpts=&filler3=

I've got my tickets!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone who sees this and leaks anything will be smacked with a wet fish to the fullest extent of the law. :ouch:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Haha! I wanted to go see it when I thought there were live Muppets, but they are in fact there via a video link. I would looove to have gone though, but it didn't quite seem worth it.

I really hope there is something I can get tickets for though when they are live in the UK promoting the movie here!

hoopless

Reaction score
Drtooth I'm well aware of that hence why I'm making sure to go because I know it won't get leaked online.

Beauregard, I was a lot more excited when I thought they'd be there for reals, but it's still footage of the film that we won't get to see til February. I hope they do come over nearer the release date for some promo but I'm gonna take all I can get for now. I guess it depends how far you have to travel though, London is pretty close for me.

Just a heads up, I emailed Jim Henson Legacy about fantastic world. They said there's no plans to bring it to the uk, but watch their twitter for another music and mayhem event in the near future.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah, if I was close then I would certainly be there if I could! Not least because there are likely to be other people there interested in Muppets!

markit

Reaction score
The event was Empire Magazine's BIG SCREEN, 3 days of movie previews from all the top studios. Sunday was Disney's presentation, and at 3pm they had a Live satellite link up with the Muppet Movie director James Bobin and the Muppets, originally the event made it sound as though the Muppets would actually be there so I immediately purchased my tickets on that basis, then it was later changed to 'Live by Satellite' which was a bit of a disappointment, but it turned out to be easily the highlight of the weekend, and had a fantastic turn out of very enthusiastic Muppet fans, and the film's trailer and exclusive footage went down extremely well with the crowd, with lots of cheers and laughs, and I suspect possibly a few tears as well (or at least fans trying to hold them back) , whilst watching what was an incredibly emotional song sung by Kermit, which, hard to say at this point of course, but i'd definitely imagine it's one of the films highlights and I can't wait to see it and hear it again.

The interview was very entertaining, with spontaneous appearances from Fozzie (with a joke of course, quite a funny one too) Animal and Miss Piggy, who thought she was going to be receiving a Dame title from the British Empire, when in fact it was just 'Empire' magazine, but they didn't spoil her wishes and (un)Officially pronounced her Dame Piggy :smile:
A few lucky guests had the chance to ask Kermit a question, the Live link up worked brilliantly considering some of the small teething troubles on the events opening day.

I was sitting 3rd row and easily had the opportunity to ask a question, but for some extremely annoying reason, my mind went completely blank. Given the chance to ask Kermit one question, where would I start, considering the huge impact the Muppets have had on my life, but of course, once i'd left the screening room, lots of questions popped straight into my head, typical!
Other lucky audience members fortunately didn't suffer from the same mental block as I did and asked some great questions, to which every one got a great answer from Kermit and lots of laughs from the audience.

I'm surprised there wasn't more mentions of this event on here, perhaps there's not that many UK Muppet fans on here? But there was certainly a lot there, and as I stated before, I'd go as far to say it was the most popular event of the weekend, and as the host of the event put it perfectly, interviewing Kermit wasn't just a career highlight, but a life highlight! :smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
The event was Empire Magazine's BIG SCREEN, 3 days of movie previews from all the top studios. Sunday was Disney's presentation, and at 3pm they had a Live satellite link up with the Muppet Movie director James Bobin and the Muppets, originally the event made it sound as though the Muppets would actually be there so I immediately purchased my tickets on that basis, then it was later changed to 'Live by Satellite' which was a bit of a disappointment, but it turned out to be easily the highlight of the weekend, and had a fantastic turn out of very enthusiastic Muppet fans, and the film's trailer and exclusive footage went down extremely well with the crowd, with lots of cheers and laughs, and I suspect possibly a few tears as well (or at least fans trying to hold them back) , whilst watching what was an incredibly emotional song sung by Kermit, which, hard to say at this point of course, but i'd definitely imagine it's one of the films highlights and I can't wait to see it and hear it again.

The interview was very entertaining, with spontaneous appearances from Fozzie (with a joke of course, quite a funny one too) Animal and Miss Piggy, who thought she was going to be receiving a Dame title from the British Empire, when in fact it was just 'Empire' magazine, but they didn't spoil her wishes and (un)Officially pronounced her Dame Piggy :smile:
A few lucky guests had the chance to ask Kermit a question, the Live link up worked brilliantly considering some of the small teething troubles on the events opening day.

I was sitting 3rd row and easily had the opportunity to ask a question, but for some extremely annoying reason, my mind went completely blank. Given the chance to ask Kermit one question, where would I start, considering the huge impact the Muppets have had on my life, but of course, once i'd left the screening room, lots of questions popped straight into my head, typical!
Other lucky audience members fortunately didn't suffer from the same mental block as I did and asked some great questions, to which every one got a great answer from Kermit and lots of laughs from the audience.

I'm surprised there wasn't more mentions of this event on here, perhaps there's not that many UK Muppet fans on here? But there was certainly a lot there, and as I stated before, I'd go as far to say it was the most popular event of the weekend, and as the host of the event put it perfectly, interviewing Kermit wasn't just a career highlight, but a life highlight! :smile:
Probably because they didnt want to be slapped by a wet fish to the fullest extent of the law!!:big_grin: But thanks for sharing how it went.