The Scissor Sisters pen tunes for Fraggle Rock

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
From "The Sun"
The Scissor Sisters pen tunes for Fraggle Rock

THE SCISSOR SISTERS have always been dedicated to the darkest, most debauched corners of clubland.

But their latest project is much more child-friendly.

JAKE SHEARS and his gang are penning tunes for a big-screen version of the classic Eighties ITV show Fraggle Rock, which starred Red Fraggle.

During episodes, the JIM HENSON puppets - and human character Doc (with canine sidekick Sprocket) - weren't afraid to burst into song for reasons that were never made entirely clear.
The opportunity should give the shy New York creatures the shot in the arm their career needs.
They've never lived up to the runaway success of their 2004 debut album - imaginatively titled Scissor Sisters - which soared to No1 and sold 3.3million copies.

Source: The Sun

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hate to be Mr. Negative and all, but I'm sure they'll wind up going through HUNDREDS of writers and music groups and whatever before they just give up on the project completely. I mean, I'd love to get my hopes up, but this is Henson after all.

Really... there's NO CALL for the Doozers cartoon to not be in production at least. I WANT MORE DOOZER TOYS!:mad:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Hurm. This is a puzzling news item. I'd like it to be evidence that, free of Weinstein, they've put new ink on paper for a Fraggle movie. However, I'll wait for more concrete info before getting happy about it.

fozziecub10

Reaction score
just heard today and who will be the New Doc/lighthouse keeper/baker with Sprocket?

Drtooth

Reaction score
just heard today and who will be the New Doc/lighthouse keeper/baker with Sprocket?

You basically heard today about a movie that's not going to be made. And even if it did, I mean... come on, it will take YEARS. It's very very strange we got a piece of information about a band who's writing music for a movie that was canceled a few weeks before it was announced. Either this is old news that took forever to circulate across the internet (probably was somewhere in print media first), or Henson's pulling a POTDC and keeping it in development purgatory forever.