Muppet Show Downloads

spazyk

Reaction score
would if i could but the Target store by me is really smalle and only sells the basics... Hopefully they'll have them...

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Theres just something that all you guys from the US are forgetting. The Time life DVD's can only be bought in the US not in europe. So the only way that the european fans can get their hands on those episode is not by buying them but to get the from a fil sharing program.

I want to point out that I dont approve of this but if it's the only way to get it, so be it.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Actually, in the UK they have a BETTER deal. There's a VHS box set that has most of the same episodes as Time-Life, plus about 3 more a tape! I for one am extremely envious. :wink: UK shoppers can check it out on Amazon.com.

And I would like to gently remind everyone that owning every episode of TMS is not a necessity to live, nor is it a God-given right. So the whole notion of "we won't see them otherwise, so we HAVE to do it" doesn't fly with me. :smirk: Just follow your conscience, OK?

scarecroe

Reaction score
Hey Tom, do you mean this box set? I've never seen it for sale online anywhere other than the HMV site. That's where I purchased mine.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Yes, that's the one. Sorry, I thought I saw that on Amazon. Anyone who's interested, follow Scott's link! :big_grin:

Reaction score
Chilly, the point is that the opportunity is there, and it's not any better or worse than trading copies of tapes with people. I agree if it's available then buy it, if it's not, buy it if and when it does. Until then there is no harm. People get oversensitive about Internet filesharing because it dosen't require the backbreaking effort to go and buy a second VCR and then take the time and money to buy tapes, copy them and then mail them. In THEORY, no one should even be copying things from the TV onto tape if you want to look at the extremes. Quite frankly, sharing the unavailable eps over the net just makes sense.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by sherlockhemlock
Quite frankly, sharing the unavailable eps over the net just makes sense.
100% agreement there my friend :cool:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Sherlock, I believe we've stated multiple times that the issue is NOT the episodes that aren't available for purchase. My last post was meant for those who said that they HAD to get illegal copies of the Time-Life episodes, as though it were a life-and-death situation.

And yes, if it comes to that, even tape trading ain't exactly the most legal thing in the world. I adore my tape collection, but if Henson demands that no more tape trading go on, I would respect their decision. Hopefully, instead, they'll start releasing more of their library on video and DVD, and I can dutifully replace my copies with store-bought ones.

We complain that there isn't more Muppet merchandise out there, and then we do everything we can to avoid supporting the Henson company financially. I just don't get it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think the only thing worse than these episodes not being on DVD is the people who take advantage of it for profit. Anything more than the cost of the tape, shipping and a couple bucks for the bother is disappointing. :boo:

However, Scott provides a great service. He shares these (non-released) clips on his site for free so that everybody can enjoy them. Now that deserves a happy penguin! :zany: