Someone screaming for Jem DVD's?

beaker

Reaction score
Is Ncircle/Cookie Jar the company that releases all the 80's and 90's cartoons on $5 dvds at Target? (I think they or someone like them releases those super cheap versions of Pixar movies) So happy to find some Captain N, Mario, Zelda, Captain N and Sonic dvds. Some cartoons I dont need to have every episode in a boxset. For a lot of series that dont have boxsets, I just hit up torrent sites and make my own customs dvdr sets.

I'm not going to be one to complain though about every 80's show not getting a release...some are so obscure, I can see why they wouldn't spend the money and time and not get much of a return. I'm just happy that Rockos Modern Life is officially out...though sadly Shout seems to be releasing the censored/edited versions(Rockos Modern Life had some INSANELY adult things in it)

Larxene

Reaction score
Niiiice...I do remember this now. Man, 1987-1990=such a freaking amazing time period to be a kid. I feel bad for people too old or too young to be able to appreciate and live through the 80's.
1982-1986 were a bit more amazing for me to be perfectly honest. 87-90 was the end of an era as things slid into the soup that would become the grunge generation. Still amazing years though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is Ncircle/Cookie Jar the company that releases all the 80's and 90's cartoons on $5 dvds at Target? (I think they or someone like them releases those super cheap versions of Pixar movies) So happy to find some Captain N, Mario, Zelda, Captain N and Sonic dvds. Some cartoons I dont need to have every episode in a boxset. For a lot of series that dont have boxsets, I just hit up torrent sites and make my own customs dvdr sets.
If you look in the right places, you could pretty much get the full box sets for not that much more... still, I managed to get Captain N and both Mario Super Show sets (never got Zelda... should've, but didn't) when they first came out, or around the time they did. I got the meh Super Mario World complete series for 5 bucks before A.J Wright went under (even then, the first week of the clearance sale when things weren't all that much off).

Still I like seeing single volumes AFTER complete season/series sets come out. That's good for those who don't want the full sets, and also good for those who don't want to rack up a fortune getting single disks. Still, I want the rest of Heathcliff on DVD. And a re-release of the "movie."

beaker

Reaction score
1982-1986 were a bit more amazing for me to be perfectly honest. 87-90 was the end of an era as things slid into the soup that would become the grunge generation. Still amazing years though.
Oh Im alll about 84-86 era Muppet Babies and Transformers(err, I'll say 84-88 for Muppet Babies as there were some memorable 87-88 episodes I really like, but my favorite were the early seasons) I remember the endless slew of arcade/atari based gamer cartoons in the early to mid 80's, so funny. And of course all the Japanese imports redubbed. I still can't believe how every saturday morning from the early to late 80's I trained myself to get up at 5am every morning to catch some of the more oddball stuff.

I have memorable early 90's moments of the 91-94 period...I loved some of the cartoons from that period like Rocko, The Tick, Eek the Cat, etc. A lot of good college radio "alternative" from the early 90's as well. I consider 1990 part of the 80's, as virtually every cartoon, show and movie from then has an 80's look.

But I love how I can type in every single tv or cartoon show and find the intro on youtube...so many memories! I will say, I never quite got too into 70's shows that ran in American syndication in the 80's(Starblazers, Mazinger Z, Schoolhouse Rocks, Sid and Marty Croft shows, etc)

beaker

Reaction score
If you look in the right places, you could pretty much get the full box sets for not that much more... still, I managed to get Captain N and both Mario Super Show sets (never got Zelda... should've, but didn't) when they first came out, or around the time they did. I got the meh Super Mario World complete series for 5 bucks before A.J Wright went under (even then, the first week of the clearance sale when things weren't all that much off).

Still I like seeing single volumes AFTER complete season/series sets come out. That's good for those who don't want the full sets, and also good for those who don't want to rack up a fortune getting single disks. Still, I want the rest of Heathcliff on DVD. And a re-release of the "movie."
I just picked up the 32 episode COPS for $6 at Fry's Electronics, even tho I already picked up the 10 episode one for $5. Some really good animation back then...Im sorry but most the cable animation SUCKS. I know we all can find respect and humor in Chowder, Fosters, Magic Is Friendship, Joe Murray's Camp Lazlo, and all the CN/AS, Nick, etc mid day/night cartoons...but ugh, I just am not too big a fan of the "flash look". That's why Im glad for Young Justice, GI Joe Renegades, the new DC dtv movies, etc. I kind of like that late 80's/early 90's style. That's why I wished The Governator didnt get canceled, love that style.

What are some of the top boxsets you wish were out? I finally saw Gummi Bears, never noticed that before. I also saw Galaxy High. I wish they released at least the first season of Alf Animated, I just have the random episode one.

Larxene

Reaction score
I just picked up the 32 episode COPS for $6 at Fry's Electronics, even tho I already picked up the 10 episode one for $5. Some really good animation back then...Im sorry but most the cable animation SUCKS. I know we all can find respect and humor in Chowder, Fosters, Magic Is Friendship, Joe Murray's Camp Lazlo, and all the CN/AS, Nick, etc mid day/night cartoons...but ugh, I just am not too big a fan of the "flash look". That's why Im glad for Young Justice, GI Joe Renegades, the new DC dtv movies, etc. I kind of like that late 80's/early 90's style. That's why I wished The Governator didnt get canceled, love that style.

What are some of the top boxsets you wish were out? I finally saw Gummi Bears, never noticed that before. I also saw Galaxy High. I wish they released at least the first season of Alf Animated, I just have the random episode one.
I really hate the Nicktoons artstyle that got so popular in the 90's. It just rubs me the wrong way and while the shows that used it were okay, it made me not want to look at them. Friendship of Magic is a grand example - I've actually taken to not bothering to look at the TV and just imagine what I wish it looked like instead if I have to 'watch' it.

Top box sets I wish were out/existed?

Alf The Animated Series
Kidd Video
Pac-Man The Animated Series
My Little Pony Tales
My Little Pony 'n Friends
Saturday Supercade
The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang
Laverne and Shirley Join The Army
Foofur
Mork and Mindy the Animated Series
Rubik The Amazing Cube
Heathcliff and Marmaduke
Pound Puppies
Out of Control
You Can't Do That on Television
Belle and Sebastian
Wildfire

And yes, I'd buy every one of these if they were out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wish that Lionsgate didn't just toss off the first 9 episodes of ALF and the first 7 episodes of ALF Tales. These shows need to be released in their entirety. The ALF Tales series especially... I mean, Jack and the Beanstalk done in the style of a Hitchcock film? Not even the Jay Ward team managed to connect those dots with Fractured Fairy Tales.

Honestly, I want the 1980's Heathcliff and the Cattillac Cats way before Heathcliff and Maramaduke. I mean, the Heathcliff cartoons on that one were pretty good, but I tried watching Dingbatt and the Creeps and Maramduke, and they just weren't all that funny or interesting... and I mush prefer the antics of RiffRaff and the gang.

I just want Disney to get off their butts and release the rest of the Disney Afternoon stuff they already started, and the last impossible to find season of the Tick (with the two episodes they randomly omitted). That and someone to get the Inspector Gadget license that will actually DO something with it and I'm set.

The only new cartoon I REALLY want, even though I watched all but 2 episodes online... Regular Show. Though, considering they use actual outside music, I bet it's gonna be expensive.

Larxene

Reaction score
ALF animated and ALF Tales should have been released when the sitcom was put out on DVD TBH, the interest would have been there and both would have sold. I wish they'd have done what was done with Punky Brewster - the cartoons were on the box set as extras.

I too prefer Heathcliff and the Cattillac Cats but that's not the one I woke up every Saturday morning for. I'd like to see all the Healthcliff series on DVD - wouldn't be too hard to have the earlier two be "made to order" for folks who want them. Not that I like *shutter* Warner Brothers and how they're handling things but the "made to order" option is nice.