Need to know how to boil the fur

FUZZYRED

Reaction score
Hi, could someone please tell me how to boil the fur (I bought from Spotlight and live in Austraila) and to make easiler (REMEMBER: I LIVE IN AUSTRAILA) or make and upload video.

pashmonster

Reaction score
Just stick it in boiling water for a few seconds, and let air dry.

MuppetRob

Reaction score
Hi, could someone please tell me how to boil the fur (I bought from Spotlight and live in Austraila) and to make easiler (REMEMBER: I LIVE IN AUSTRAILA) or make and upload video.
Hi There,
Im in Melbourne.
I have a cheap stainless steel pot I picked up from the reject shop that I use.
Wet your fur first under the tap - squeeze excess.
Put it in the pot with some salt , vineger ( not too much ) and your dye.
Pour kettle boiled water to cover fabric and leave for half hour.
You can also dye feathers this was - only use the hottest water from the tap so it doesnt melt them.
Cant think of the brand but Spotlight also have a dye that you dont even open the packet.
The packet dissolves in water - EASY !!!!!
Dying fur also gives it a great shaggy Fraggle look.
Take care
Rob

FUZZYRED

Reaction score
Sorry for late reply due to depression. Thank guys but I still not sure but I want my red fur turn into the way Elmo was. Plus I'm getting furious for not have built Elmo yet and some people did not answer my question in off the track.:mad:

Adam Kreutinger

Reaction score
Get a big stainless steel pot. Fill it with water and boil it. While the water is still boiling put the dry fur into the boiling water and push it down with a wooden spoon. Boil for a minute to a minute in a half. Then take the fur out of the pot (I picked it up with the spoon, it looked like a towel hanging on a rack) and put it in an empty sink. I then let is cool down as it naturally drains. After the fur is cool enough to touch, squeeze out as much water as you can and let it hang dry.

This is the process I used on Mongolian Fur. Other furs might come out different. Always do tests pieces. With the Mongolian Fur under 1 minute there was not much difference. over 2 minutes fur started coming off and you could see the netting behind it.

Good luck.
I just did an Elmo Build too. Check it out on my Blog. http://adamkreutinger.blogspot.com/

~Adam