"The Muppets" first preview screening

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm sure you've seen all the classic characters return in the trailers we saw. Were there any more who didn't appear in the trailers that are seen in the movie (no names please, just basically yes or no).

Also, many people here were worried the Muppets would play second-fiddle to the human characters and their romance story. Is such the case?

hiho2themuppets

Reaction score
I'm sure you've seen all the classic characters return in the trailers we saw. Were there any more who didn't appear in the trailers that are seen in the movie (no names please, just basically yes or no).
Yes.
Also, many people here were worried the Muppets would play second-fiddle to the human characters and their romance story. Is such the case?
Definitely not. Have no fear, this is their movie.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
What Muppets are in the getting back together sequences? Did you find the humor funny?

hiho2themuppets

Reaction score
What Muppets are in the getting back together sequences?
Muppets that get their own scenes are Fozzy, Gonzo, Miss Piggy, Animal, Bunsen & Beaker, Rowlf, and the rest is montaged.

Did you find the humor funny?
I did. It mostly seemed like all good Muppet humor. I think I laughed the most during what they did ala The Muppet Show.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Awesome!

Any jokes that would make it feel dated or does it feel rather timeless?

How were the Moopets?

What surprised you in the movie?

hiho2themuppets

Reaction score
Any jokes that would make it feel dated or does it feel rather timeless?
Except for the 80's robot..
All the humor seemed rather timeless.
How were the Moopets?
Except for a song that they sang, the Moopets is what I liked the least. But I think that's how it's supposed to be.
What surprised you in the movie?
That's hard.. Positively, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I was surprised at, for some points, the nostalgic enjoyment that the Muppet Show style gave me. I was surprised at the minor Muppets getting love with actual lines. I didn't expect to laugh as much as I did, let alone with the theater as a whole!
..Wait, that wasn't hard at all.

rizzothechef

Reaction score
Is the Green Album the soundtrack to the movie? Did any parts of the movie move you nearly to the point of tears in a nostalgic way?!