"The Muppets" first preview screening

hiho2themuppets

Reaction score
Overall how was Miss Piggy as a pre2000s character (versus) the character habits that Eric Jacobson added on to her .?
Well, at least in this movie Piggie was a lot more to herself and secluded, which is rather incomparable to any Piggie. What was added on was deeper emotion.
But she'll get her "KERMIEKERMIEKERMIE"s out.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oooh! Is there any Clifford? What about Sal and Johnny?

hiho2themuppets

Reaction score
Oooh! Is there any Clifford? What about Sal and Johnny?
No go on all of them. Without Brian Henson sadly I didn't expect Sal or Johnny. There might be a little Clifford somewhere that I missed, but other than that, no.

bknatchbull

Reaction score
Here's a question regarding the special effects in the movie. How were they? Do we get any 'special moment' like the first time we saw Kermit and the Muppets on bikes or driving a car? Are there many 'full bodied' Muppet shots and if so, did they look good?

hiho2themuppets

Reaction score
Here's a question regarding the special effects in the movie. How were they? Do we get any 'special moment' like the first time we saw Kermit and the Muppets on bikes or driving a car? Are there many 'full bodied' Muppet shots and if so, did they look good?
There's no special effect moment like that, but expect very well done full body shots. The blue screening wasn't completely done yet for this screening, but overall the special effects were nice. No arm-wires to be seen anywhere.

beaker

Reaction score
One last question (or asking for advice really)... As you know, the movie does not come to the UK until February. Since the news of the release I have planned to save and go to LA or somewhere to watch the premier (yes I am that much of a fan). Recently my income has dropped dramatically and I will be pushing it to make the funds (from Northern Ireland it will cost about £800/$1300 for flights alone!). From a fan to a fan... should I give up on the idea and wait til February, hoping that I don't come across many spoilers... or is it very much worth me going into debt to get what I want!!!

Sorry for moving out of subject a little. :rolleyes:
Dont go into debt unless you're planning an epic trip in LA/southern california that coincides with the film. I am seriously hoping Disney does an official Muppet fan weekend or something akin to elecTRONica at Disneyland. D23 doesnt seem like it will have near the Muppet presence that 2009 D23 had, so Im skipping that. But I will be in southern california in a nano second if Disney does announce something Muppety related, and would be a perfect opportunity for a fan gathering.

That's unfortunate that Europe doesn't get the film til February. I'd say since you're planning to see it anyways, if you absolutely can't wait I'm sure a good quality torrent would suffice. My friends and family plan on seeing it at the theatres multiple times:smile:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Looks like this movie's going to be big. It's funny, I saw the trailer a few weeks ago before Winnie the Pooh and gave it some applause, to which some guy behind me sarcastically shouted out "Yeah, sure can't wait for that to come out!" with a mocking tone in his voice. Looks like the joke will be on him come November. :fishy:

beaker

Reaction score
Was surprised to hear of such an early screening! (Though I guess it's not toooo early, I've heard of rough cuts shown a year before they're released...the Blade 3 advanced screening I heard had some super ghetto temporary shots in it, heh)

So alas, questions from me!

1. I had become worried from the full length trailer at the rather surreal over the top goofy nature of Segal's character and the Segal/Adams love interest. I expect fourth wall breakage, but something about some of the tone struck me as a bit too slapstick. (The first Muppet films were full of slapstick but seemed more rooted in the real world)
Just wondering if Segal brings way too much unbelievable goofyness that takes one out of the movie?

2. Actually this is my biggest question: Just HOW far do they go with the whole device in acknowledging the Muppets have been seen as has beens by the public, as well as the whole meta-meta fiction of acknowledging all previous Muppet films/shows? (Acknowledging them as actors, not living out actual canon laid out by a film or special)

3. Did you notice a good deal of easter eggs/things that hardcore fans will pick up and be
giddy about?(either visual or mentioned references)

4. Are Walter, 80's Robot and "The Moopets" the only new characters you noticed?
And were there any TMS or other older Muppet characters you were stunned to see?
(It seems like Thog is in the film a lot)

5. Finally, with the plot device of Walter as a rabid fan...without going too spoilery, do they kind of mirror his antics on things some of us have been known to do?(ie: Going on Muppet fan blogs or forums, arguing in Aint it Cool News talk backs, bidding for rare stuff on ebay, facebook wall posts with Muppet videos or posts, youtube, etc)?

Chilly Down

Reaction score
(jaw drops)

Thanks so much for posting all this, hiho! (Indeed, welcome to the forum!) I was just wondering when Disney would have a preview screening.

Thanks for letting us know about Pepe and Bobo. What about Rizzo? Does he have any significant screentime?

Also, you said this movie is second to TMM in your opinion. Would you mind ranking the other movies so we can get a better sense of your taste? For me, I'd rank them Muppets Take Manhattan, Muppet Movie, Muppet Christmas Carol, Great Muppet Caper, Muppet Treasure Island, Muppets from Space, Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, and Muppets' Wizard of Oz (by far the worst - the only outright BAD Muppet movie, IMHO).

Not that I doubt you, of course. It's just that everyone is different. Some people would rank Great Muppet Caper first; still others would rank Christmas Carol first! So understanding your ranking of each movie will help me better understand what kind of movie we're in for.

Thanks again! :smile:

dietrich

Reaction score
I have a question does Lips play with the Electric Mayhem? I saw him in the Orchestra Pit.