Opinions: The end of the Muppet line

Michael Smith

Reaction score
1. who are your top five favorite/ least favorite figures?
Favorites:
1) Animal
2) Dr. Teeth
3) Floyd
4) Fozzie
5) Swedish Chef

2. Were any figures better/ worse than you expected?

Worse – Phil Van Neuter Better – Dr Teeth

3. Which mega was your favorite/ least favorite?

Least – Camilla Favorite - Animal

4. what exclusives were your favorite/ least favorite?

Least – Adventure Kermit/Ghost of Sam Arrow Favorite Vandeville Waldorf and Statler

5. what minis are your favorite/ least favorite?

Do not know

6. what is your favorite/ least favorite playset?

Least – Swine Trek Favorite – Backstage and Chef’s Kitchen

7. what give-away was your favorite/ least favorite?
Dr. Teeth (Wizard World Exclusive)

8. do you own every Muppets release from palisades?

Missing Zoot (red), Lips (all of them), Dr. Teeth Wizard World Exclusive, Koozebane Kermit (variants), and Backstage playset (can anyone help me out????please????)

9. do you own every package variations?

See above

10. what is one muppet production (not in palisades contract) that you would have liked to have been included in the line?
Veterinarian’s hospital playset with Dr. Bob, Nurse Piggy, and Nurse Janice

11. what is your favorite/ least favorite repaint?
Least - Johnny Fiama and Clifford Favorite – Animal & Dr. Teeth (Wizard World Exclusive)

12. what are your favorite non-pack-in accessories?
No sure what you mean

13. what is your favorite pack-in figure?
No sure what you mean

14. who are four characters you wish we could have gotten?
Gladis (the cafeteria lady)

The orchestra/band conductor

6 ft. tall talking carrot (see Gilda Radner episode)

The “Native” muppets from Harry Belafonte “Turn the World Around” skit

15. of the characters planned for 2005, which one are you most upset over not getting?

Bobo the Bear

16. of the officially unannounced-for-release figures, which one do you wish we could have gotten?

Bobo the Bear

17. if you could change one thing about the line, what would it be?

That you could still get them now at a good price

Great thread

rexcrk

Reaction score
The pack-in figures would be ones like Camilla that came with the series 5 Gonzo or Polly Lobster that came with series 7 Captain Smollet.

j3h

Reaction score
I was kinda avoiding picking up Johnny Fiama...not due to disliking the character or figure, but because I wasn't as attached to Muppets Tonight as I am to the original show & movies.
You-tube changed that, since I've now gotten to see all the muppet tonight episodes a few times over.
I won a silver jacket Johnny for a buck off eBay, and now I'm really lamenting the lack of Sal and how close he came to being produced. at least the Johnny figure came with a picture of his stinky monkey.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:skeptical: Glad you took a shine to Johnny! Some of the favorite things i worked on:
Yes, the song titles are mostly mine. We couldn't use copyrighted titles. Hehe. :concern:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I won a silver jacket Johnny for a buck off eBay, and now I'm really lamenting the lack of Sal and how close he came to being produced. at least the Johnny figure came with a picture of his stinky monkey.
That seems to be the only instance where part of a duo or group of characters was started but never finished. Though we did get Polly Lobster (as a pack-in with Captain Smollet) but not Mad Monty or Clueless Morgan. In fact I wish we got at least a few more Muppet Treasure Island figures. And maybe a few more vacation and tuxedo variants.

But at least we got the whole Electric Mayhem. I wonder how fans would have felt if they started but didn't complete releasing the jugband, or if they released Bill and Gil but not Jill.

JanFrt

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
being new to this forum I figured this would be a good way to get started, so here we go...

Favorites:
Rowlf w. Piano, Patrol Bear Fozzie, Crazy Harry, Kermit as Capt. Smollett & Pops
Least favorite: well I don't think that there's a single bad figure in the lot,
but least favorite would probably be Series 1 Kermit because the figure is rather simple with very few accessories, and Janice because she can't stand without her base...

2. were any figures better/ worse than you expected?
the only two that come to mind are Janice becuase she just can't stand up by herself and Super Beaker because of the problems with his thin legs...

3. which mega was your favorite/ least favorite?
I really love all the Megas, but Gonzo is my favourite - not by much though...

Favorite: Dream Date Gonzo, I thing he just looks way cool...

least favorite: the blue Frogscout from the Frogscout leader Kermit box - the color just doesn't work for me...

favorite: Bunsen & Scooter / least favorite: Miss Piggy

favorite is the Kitchen because of all the detail & accessories, but all of them are tremendous.

least favorite is definitely All American Miss Piggy, but maybe you need to be american to appreciate this one ;o)

Yes

No,because I firmly believe that these figures are meant to be taken out of their boxes to be displayed - (and yes I even unpacked the Wedding of the Century - and it looks great :embarrassed:) - so I was never interested in the different packages...

10. what is one muppet production (not in palisades contract) that you would have liked to have been included in the line?
Well after seeing the pictures from Series 1 Sesame Street, this might even have topped the muppet line...

11. wat is your favorite/ least favorite repaint?
well least favorite would be the blue frog scout - see above...
Favorite would be Marvin Suggs
Crazy Harry's detonator, the accessories for Vacation Pepe, Pops Desk, Lamp & Cat

Polly Lobster

Dearth Nadir, or a Whatnot with a bunch of hair / eye / nose accessories to make your own muppet...

15. of the characters planned for 2005, which one are you most upset over not getting?
Dr. Bob

16. of the officially unannounced-for-release figures, which one do you wish we could have gotten?
Squire Trelawny

Keep it going of course...

Reaction score
Honestly there arent any five that i like better/worse than the others but I'll go with Jim Henson for my favorite because I feel like he really ties my collection together and Patrol Fozzie for my least favorite. I loved the BOP skits but without link the figure just looks like a random variant.

Honsetly, I think Clifford was the only one who was worse. I think its because in MT he just seemed...broader I guess...the figure just didnt seem wide enough. The legs especially just always seemed a bit off to me. But I still own the figure and would buy him again. Pretty much all the others were as good as I thought.

Never collected the megas, just wanted the regular line. But if I had to choose, id say Animal, thought about buyin one since he could go with the rest of the display as Animal after the insta-growth pills.

4. what exclusives were your favorite/ least favorite? Once again, probably Henson but I also love the Koozebane KErmit, the MTI Gonzo and Rizzo, Sweetums, and the Penguins, theyre basic yeah but I still love havin em.

5.what minis are your favorite/ least favorite?
Like the megas, never collected them either but from lookin at em probably the MCC sets because i loved that movie.

I'll have to go with the Backstage, to me it is the essential playset. Least is definetly the Stage. It definetly should have been bigger. I dont care that it had very few accessories but the fact that the stage is only big enough for the drum set has bothered me ever since it came out.

Probably either of the invisible figures. Beeker or Fozzie. I've never cared for the clear plastic look. Neither is a figure I even considered wanting. I dont have a favorite either simply because I havent bought any of them anywhere but I did like the Wedding of the Century.

No. Nor do I plan to. Although I've still got some to get (lips and a few other later releases) that will cost me a hefty chunk of cash, I still dont want to put in enough to get a lot of the repaints and whatnot. I mostly want at least one version of each character released. Although I have gotten many variants that I liked as well.

Nope, loose collector all the way

Have to go with Muppet Babies, definetly a show I loved as a kid. Although the baby versions they were workin on from MTM would have been close enough for me.

Favorite...I like the Rizzo variant pretty well. Least favorite is probably Janice. The green just didnt look good to me.

Hmmm...I like the camera that came with S1 Kermit, super Scooter's ladder, the Gonzo Idol that came with Adventure Kermit, Usher Scooter's popcorn maker, And Rowlf's grand piano although I would have loved the other piano he used in the show as well. Im sure theres some Im forgetting but there are so many its hard to remember a 10th of them.

Hmmm...I honestly love em all. I wanan say either Polly or the blue frog scout, I think the green one just looks a little to much like a closed mouth Robin. Although I think Camilla is the pack-in I see as the most needed. She just looks good with Gonzo.

BOP Lance (mostly just because we already got a Fozzie, if we hadnt he probably wouldnt have made the list), Bobo, Sal, And honestly, I would have liked a Seymour. To this day I crack up when watching him shoot a gun at the dough monster on MT. But there are also many others. I would have loved the other rats from MFS, or more characters from MTI and MCC.
Sal, every time I look at Johnny I just feel like he should be beside him. Although Bobo is a close second for me. They were both planned for 2005 right?

Definetly more Treasure Island and some Christmas Carol figures. I love the other movies and the shows but I grew up in the early 90's and I saw those two before anything else. Just a nostalgia thing for me. And I also would have loved either an island or a boat playset for the MTI figures we got already. Maybe with Clueless Morgan or Mad Monty.

Like many others, for it to have lasted longer. But to put something different as well I would change the order some figures were released in. I would gladly give up some of the variants for a Sal or Bobo.

cjd874

Reaction score
Kermit (the one that started it all), Lew Zealand (fun figure & great props), Beauregard (great likeness), Animal (eyebrow & jaw articulation!!!) & Classic Swedish Chef (very accurately sculpted & painted)

I expected Scooter to have 16 points of articulation as advertised on the box...sadly, it was not true. Plus, his head was pretty large and he towered over Kermit & Gonzo. I didn't like Floyd, Piano Rowlf (series 3), any of the Pepe figures, Patrol Bear, or Usher Scooter either.

3. which mega was your favorite/least favorite?
I don't own any Mega Muppets, unfortunately...but I would say that if I owned one, I'd choose Animal.

Uncle Deadly and Sweetums. Hands down. They are absolutely awesome figures.

Mahna Mahna and the Snowths are my faves, Miss Piggy in the towel is my least fave.

Fave playset: Swedish kitchen, although it looks nothing like the Muppet Show version(s). Least fave: Muppet Labs.

I don't own any giveaways...not even sure what they are...but I'm not sure why Palisades produced a Ghost of Sam Arrow or Invisible Fozzie. Or Santa Chef. Also I dislike the Frog Scout Leader Kermit figure.

Nope, not even close. I wish I had Zoot (gold shirt, but reeeaaally hard to find), Sam the Eagle (straight eyes), and Rizzo the Rat (red jacket). And a new batch of Series 5 figures.

No I do not.

Veterinarian's Hospital with Dr. Bob, Nurse Piggy, and Nurse Janice. That segment was a staple of the Muppet Show, and it's a shame that the playlet and figures weren't produced.

I like the brown shirt Lips repaint, which I own. I dislike the Floyd blue shirt repaint because it doesn't look cool. (in Floyd's voice) Those threads ain't my style, ya dig?

I like all the accessories that come with the Swedish Chef's kitchen. Also, I like Kermit's movie camera, Exclusive repaint Miss Piggy's blue feather boa, Gorilla Detector from Muppet Labs, Fozzie's Groucho glasses, Scooter's megaphone, Newsman's telephone and desk, the Swinetrek model, Rowlf's baby grand piano, Lew's fish bucket, Beauregard's cleaning equipment, and Chuckie the Ventriloquist Dummy.

Camilla is a great addition to the Muppet line. She's my favorite pack-in figure.

I wish we got Frank and Jerry from the Muppet country group, and full-size figures of Mahna Mahna and the Snowths.

Bobo the Bear would have been a very cute figure to have. Also the Vet's Hospital figures would have been sweet.

Why did they never release George the Janitor and Mildred? I would have recreated some of the best lines from At the Dance.

I wasn't fond of how they switched the packaging from red to blue, and how some figures had bases, while others didn't.

Also, the fact that they stopped producing them because of bankruptcy. :frown:

Rhys

Reaction score
My Favorite figure is either zoot or the rolf that comes with the backstage playset

My worst ones are the miss piggy and Dr.Bunsen honeydew

gonzofan13

Reaction score
now that all figures we know of have been reelased, i thought i'd make a list of opinion questions about the line.

please answer.
1. sweetums animal uncle deadly robin and pepe
2.sweetums and animal
3.i dont have a mega but i would say animal
4. vication pepe animal vication fozzie
5.mahna mahna, snowths. Piggy.
6.back stage.
7.black jacket rizzo, white tux rowlf
8.NO!:sigh:in my dreams
9.NO!:grr:in my dreams again
10.droop
11.Dont know