Animal Head Costume.

Nathan T Gunn

Reaction score
Hey all,

Saw a post on here a couple of weeks ago about a guy trying to build his own Animal head and thought it was ace idea. I've never done anything like this in the past... but since it was my drummer's 21st Birthday coming up (The Saturday just passed) i thought it would be a great idea to build him one or at the very least give it a go. So i did.

Just thought I'd post a couple of pictures of the finished product.

Keen now to build my own Muppet!!

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

Nathan T Gunn

Reaction score
Hey Terrence,

Thanks for the post. Really delighted with the outcome... had no idea it would actually look half decent :stick_out_tongue: Keen to make a Muppet next!

Was checking out your site, loving the crew!! Coleman looks ace!!

Thanks again, Nath

Terrence Burke

Reaction score
Thanks. It may be hard to believe, yet that puppet is over 30 years old. I bought it at a fun fair around 1976-77. The mouthplate is cardboard, and is wearing away. I plan to rebuild Coleman over the Winter and have made a few sketches.

Nathan T Gunn

Reaction score
Wow that's an ace story! I'm really glad to hear he'll be getting fixed up over the winter, and will make it to next year. He looks amazing! I'm sure he's fun to work with also :big_grin:

Be sure to keep me posted if you add any new members to the family. Also added a like to your Facebook page - Wump Mucket Puppets.

All the best til then, Nath

Terrence Burke

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words Nathan. The new Coleman will look more "Sasquatchy", a few children in the audience have called him a hairy worm thing. The next puppet character that I plan to build will be Coleman's cousin Snavely from Pennsylvania.

Nathan T Gunn

Reaction score
Yeah..... that sounds amazing!!! Be sure to drop me a message as soon as Snavely is on the go. If he's anything like Coleman... he'll be ace!! Looking forward to it.