College Students

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
You live in Madison Wisconsin? Ack, Im sorry! ^_^
Hey now, what's wrong with Madison??.....it's not THAT bad here....:smile:

and some of my friends who are seniors in high school are going to Ball State next year.

SammieRose

Reaction score
Originally posted by electricmayhem
I'm a freshman at UW-Madison in WI
Sweet! My cousin is also a Freshman there.... I'm *going* to be a Freshman at Truman State University this fall, if that counts for anything....

UncleDeadly

Reaction score
I'm a Sophomore, Junior this coming spring. I am presently a Brittish Literature major, but I am attempting to get into the Creative Writting Program.

As for the muppet course, we studied the history of henson (did you ever notice the amazing similarities between the early history of the muppets and the plotline of the muppet movie?), the ground work for Dark Crystal and Labyrinth, the pros and cons of Sesame Street (where I was forced to debate that Sesame Street promotes unfair american values and supresses other cultures in other countries - ick), and have a final project where I built and performed my own puppet. Even though our year got no guest speakers like this years (Jerry Juhl, and Karen Prell I believe in other years) it was still an awesome class. Plus, The Works was our text book.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by UncleDeadly
I'm a Sophomore, Junior this coming spring. I am presently a Brittish Literature major, but I am attempting to get into the Creative Writting Program.

As for the muppet course, we studied the history of henson (did you ever notice the amazing similarities between the early history of the muppets and the plotline of the muppet movie?), the ground work for Dark Crystal and Labyrinth, the pros and cons of Sesame Street (where I was forced to debate that Sesame Street promotes unfair american values and supresses other cultures in other countries - ick), and have a final project where I built and performed my own puppet. Even though our year got no guest speakers like this years (Jerry Juhl, and Karen Prell I believe in other years) it was still an awesome class. Plus, The Works was our text book.
Wow, so you really aint kidding about that JH class. It still sounds too surreal. Man, I reallly loved the Santa Cruz campus when I visited...but had no idea about that. man. I think I would ace that class, but then I would probably be one of the few folks taking it
not out of some 'huh huh, a class about the muppets...', but out of a deep yearning to enlighten myself and others. Then again I may scare people with my unending acumen and fervent passion of all things JHC, heh.

As for Sesame Street, they took the plight of the urban dweller to the mainstream of America yo! LOL

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by SammieRose
Sweet! My cousin is also a Freshman there.... I'm *going* to be a Freshman at Truman State University this fall, if that counts for anything....
I have a good friend at Truman State who's a freshman right now!! That's weird! And where does your cousin live here?

UncleDeadly

Reaction score
Yeah, I aced the class. It wasnt that hard. I think I only missed two questions on the midterm. Of course, a lot of the class was also a history of puppeteerig around the world, as that was our professor's speciality. I even impressed her when I mentioned I was contacted by the Sesame Workshop Webmaster when he heard about my 'prepostorous' assignment, criticizing SS as pro-American.

Sorry you never got to go to college Beaker. Its worth the huge piles of debt. At least imo

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by UncleDeadly
Sorry you never got to go to college Beaker. Its worth the huge piles of debt. At least imo
S'okie...I realized I was taking an alternative path in life than most folks a long time ago, heh.

As for pro American ideas, whats wrong with that? Yeah, the capitalism sucks, but the democracy and westernization should spread to every continent. Anyways, thats why they created regional specific International Sesames...ok but back to the subject...

Yeah I always wondered what would have happened had I gone to college...man, I could have had a gf by now, a nice job, met some cool people, learned some important life lessons. Oh well...
Youre lucky ya get to go to Santa Cruz. Man thats a nice campus!

StarlitAngel

Reaction score
I'm an English major *planning on PR or Marketing minor* at California University of Pennsylvania............EXTREMELY small college south of Pittsburgh that I'm planning on transferring out of as soon as my boyfriend's lease is up........I want to get into editing when I get out.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I hate studying for exams....that's why I'm here right now instead of taking nutritional science practice exams:embarrassed: Oh look...dinner time...guess I'll have to put it off for a little while longer....:big_grin: