Favorite Cookie Monster Sketch

roadrat15

Reaction score
Well, I got me a few classics that I love:

1) The Genie and Cookie (commonly called ' The Monster's Three Wishes')
2) Me Gotta Be Blue
4) Casey The Engineer
5) The Cookie Bunny
6) Share The Pillow
7) Soft Boiled Cookie
8) Cookie for me . . .cookie not for me (with the baby footage)

and many others.

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
is #8 the one where it shows the video footage of the baby eating the cookie and Cookie is narrating it?

~Dana~

MJTaylor

Reaction score
It's a funny thing Superfan. I had been thinking of starting a Favorite Cookie Monster sketch thread myself and I came here to find you've beaten me to it!!!
But anyway, my favorite is the one where Cookie Monster was in the library and kept asking the librarian for a box of cookies. You couldn't blame the librarian for losing his temper with Cookie. I'd be pretty annoyed too if I was in the librarain's shoes.

MJTaylor

Reaction score
Just thought of another one. The two-parter where Cookie stayed with Ernie and first got scared of the dark and then had a nightmare about Cookies.

clipjj27

Reaction score
Cookie Moster sketch

One sketch I remember involved cookie monster with Kermit the frog. Kermit wanted to illustrate what the word "through" meant. He had a frame that was posted with tissue paper and the idea was when Kermit called cookie monster, he was supposed to come in and crash "through" the tissue paper frame, but his plan backfired when cookie monster saw the frame was in the way when he came on and didn't know what to do. Once Kermit described to CM what the plan was, he lifted up the frame and crashed it "through" Kermit's head. Did I miss any part of that?
Yes, I remember this and would LOVE to see it again (on YouTube or somewhere)!

'This is THROUGH'! CRASH!

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Finally, a thread is dredged up from the deep that's worth talking about, even if I'm going to be trying to think of what my fave Cookie sketch is for days now.

clutch123

Reaction score
I have a few Cookie Monster clips to share:

- Cookie Monster in the bakery
- Who ate Bert's Cake?
- Prarie Dawn and Cookie Monster presenting the letter of the day.
- Cookie Monster teasing a messy baby for his/her cookie. (you can not see Cookie, but you can hear his voice).

And many others.

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
- News Flash- Monster Day Care! ("Cry, cry, cry...sniffle, sniffle, sniffle...")
-"No cookies in the library!" ("A book about cookies...and a glass of juice?")

WaiterGrover

Reaction score
I loved Cookie Monster in just about anything, but today I've got to say the "Mystery Box" sketch with Kermit is my favorite... "Arrivederci, Frog." :big_grin:GENIUS!

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
My top 5 favorites (betcha can't watch just one!)

5. MMM Monster Meal (the song-sketch performed with Herry)
4. Gingerbread Man (who knew Cookie Monster hugs cookies sometimes?)
3. Cookie Monster's sleepover (and nightmare) at Ernie's apartment; has any fan out there transcribed it yet?)
2. Letter "C" sketch with Cousin Monster (Cookie Monster uses a guessing game to trick her into getting him some cookies, but she keeps retrieving "C" veggies instead. The sketch and the game end when he accepts "Cousin" as something special and wonderful that starts with "C".)

And finally... *longish drumroll*

1. A whole EPISODE starring You Know Who: He promises not to eat the cookies in Hooper's Store while the owner is away. Unfortunately, he's as literal-minded as a typical kindergarten kid: when Cookie gets hungry, he eats everything else in the store (eventually devouring the building itself). The rest of the cast cooperates to rebuild Hooper's over the next few days (I think Mumford offered some magical assistance, but I'm not 100% sure here).
The other time I remember Cookie Monster had a nightmare was after eating a whole box a birthday cookies his grandmother made for his birthday party. As he felt depressed that there are not any cookies left for his birthday party, He took a nap and dreams. It turned out to be a nightmare on meeting "The giant talking Monster Cookie." Thru the nightmare, The Monster Cookie tells Cookie Monster a sad tale on how he was turned into a cookie. He used to be a blue furry monster too. But eating so many cookies caused him to become a cookie and never had any healthier food. As Cookie Monster woke up from his nightmare, He wailed "What a dream! Oh, Very sad!" And then he declars that he will never eat cookies again (Because he also does not want to turn into a cookie, too). So he eats carrots, fish, and whole-wheat bread. And then he eats a cookie and remarked "Well, Maybe sometime a cookie."