Say goodbye to Darkwing and Ducktales comics!

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Ducktales arc appears to be written with a lot of future plot lines and arcs in mind that won't happen. I didn't like how they spent like 2 issues at the same place and the story dragged on... but the last issue carried on at breakneck speed to make up for it. That's kinda what should have happened in the past few issues. The last issue pretty much pulled everything out of its butt to make up for the weak third part... it was eve delayed, clearly to fix the story and get a better artist in. I bet if the comic actually had the long run it should have, the series would have seen much improvement down the line.

The Darkwing comic has always been pretty well written and drawn.

Disney better give these licenses to itself in Marvel. The others can lapse, but Darkwing needs to be continued. And we NEED Talespin. Hopefully a print Louie won't tick off the bitter, humorless Prima widow.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still didn't get the point of that crap. I mean NO ONE owns a voice. Impersonations and recasts have been around for decades. And Disney OWNS the character. How come they can get a nursery school to paint over a Mickey Mouse mural but can't say we own Louie, and his voice especially.

Jim's Louie and Ed's Baloo were perfect. Jim even expressed his love for the character of Louie in the Jungle Book on occasion. It's not like Jim and Disney were on a wild scheme to make bogus Louie Prima recordings. That would be like Ringo Starr suing Warner Bros over Wakko Warner's voice. Impersonation, parody and recast. Still... I really don't get it, and with all due respect, I find her to be completely WRONG and bitter about this.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
At least most of the episode are on DVD and they completed the the show's 65 episode run back during the time. when did she find out wasn't it well after the run of the show? what about that "King Larry" spoof on House of Mouse wasn't it the same thing?

Drtooth

Reaction score
BUMP:

Seems like Warren AND Ian are tag teaming for the final cross over. Silviani's thankfully doing the art instead of that two bit studio.

I liked Warren's vision for the Ducktales series, but he clearly needed another writer to help him focus. They spent too much time in one place, leaving the ending to rush through the rest of the story, just barely giving us an ending.

And Fenton comes back. I stopped reading the preview for fear of spoiling everything.