Threadless Muppet T-Shirt Design Challenge

Slackbot

Reaction score
This past Saturday I debuted the Mosaic shirt when I attended "Henson's Place" at the Center for Puppetry Arts. It got some grins from the people there.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yaaaaaaaaay! My t-shirt came today! Jamie! Thanks so much for making this design, it is the most brilliant of brilliant t-shirts that exist! THANKS!
I love it I love it I love it! :smile: :smile: :smile:
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd76/Snookywookums/MuppetShirt.jpg
Thanks!:embarrassed: I am sooo glad people like it. Been kinda pooped lately from work and probably won't have time to do any new t-shirt muppeting for the new contest. 60+ hours a week is just too much. :sigh:

But at least one of the logos i'm working on has a :zany: penguin in it.

Pork

Reaction score
Thanks!:embarrassed: I am sooo glad people like it. Been kinda pooped lately from work and probably won't have time to do any new t-shirt muppeting for the new contest. 60+ hours a week is just too much. :sigh:

But at least one of the logos i'm working on has a :zany: penguin in it.
Dude! of course people like it! haha. I'm pretty excited cause I bought one for my Dad, and I get to give it to him tomorrow :smile: he'll love it too.

haha, logo with penguins is always good :stick_out_tongue:

But seriously, I don't know how you can work in the digital art industry! I have had to use computers and technology for the last 3 years sooo much because of my uni degree. And I am just soooo sick of technology! when I graduate I am totally taking a break for a while. haha

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Dude! of course people like it! haha. I'm pretty excited cause I bought one for my Dad, and I get to give it to him tomorrow :smile: he'll love it too.

haha, logo with penguins is always good :stick_out_tongue:

But seriously, I don't know how you can work in the digital art industry! I have had to use computers and technology for the last 3 years sooo much because of my uni degree. And I am just soooo sick of technology! when I graduate I am totally taking a break for a while. haha
I agree, but have come to embrace technology and find what works for me. This makes it easier. I saved and passed up a lot of Muppet merchandise to afford this piece of hardware for my craft. The Muppetational Mosaic was created on a Wacom Cintiq for the PC. It still doesn't have the scrape of pencil to paper, but I couldn't have done this in 30 hours without such a wonderful device. In another few years this will be a dinosaur and almost all computer interfaces will have a similar feature. Kind of like the ipad, but several generations improved. Technology is at such an exciting place right now that is striving for a more organic, visceral user experience. I have a computerless retail day job too so there's some balance. :wink:

Pork

Reaction score
I agree, but have come to embrace technology and find what works for me. This makes it easier. I saved and passed up a lot of Muppet merchandise to afford this piece of hardware for my craft. The Muppetational Mosaic was created on a Wacom Cintiq for the PC. It still doesn't have the scrape of pencil to paper, but I couldn't have done this in 30 hours without such a wonderful device. In another few years this will be a dinosaur and almost all computer interfaces will have a similar feature. Kind of like the ipad, but several generations improved. Technology is at such an exciting place right now that is striving for a more organic, visceral user experience. I have a computerless retail day job too so there's some balance.
I use a Wacom Cintiq for my work, It surely is awesome, it's a shame I can't borrow it :stick_out_tongue: It is pretty exciting to see where technology is going at the moment. I just find it frustrating, especially with 3D animation, that the 3D model isn't really there, it's just 1's and 0's. And ,as yet, you can't physically manipulate the model simply like you would a clay model. One day...
But yeah, that's handy that you have a computerless job as well. I should look into that option.

beaker

Reaction score
I'm with you in getting sick of technology. Before 2002 when I had my first computer and got online regularly, I used to draw for hours. had fun listening to cds. After 2002, I switched to mp3s, drew more digitally, etc. Im sad with the death of book stores and video stores, death of arcades and everything else(Im like the only one I know who remembers snail mail pen pals)

But I am truly sick of keeping up with the latest gizmos. Digital medium is great for music and animation that I do, but its good to just sketch freehand. Thankfully most wacom artists I know still sketch. But kids today are just ruined on instant everything, twitchy ADHD like behavior("multitasking"), etc. The playing field is now level so anyone can get their work out on youtube and elsewhere without a company and backing...so thats very cool. But some things people are missing out on.

I never could get the feel of tablets, and I have had several wacoms. I now strictly do mouse with photoshop and/or pencil/ink and scanned paper

Reaction score
Threadless keeps selling out before I get a chance to buy the shirt!:grr: I really LOVE the design and would love to get my hands on one of these soon.